Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

I have a petrol blower/ vac @Adge 

Very noisy.  I can manage a chainsaw in short bursts without hearing protection (not wise or reccomemded) but not the blower. 

Looked at electric versions but don't like the corded and battery would not last long enough based on spec sheet. 

Currently sitting in a box.by the front door @Former-Member. will take them to mum's when I visit later this week (here are probably 40 years old) 

If she does not want them they will go to an op shop. 

@Determined  please do let us know once they are off your hands, keen to celebrate with you.

I will @Former-Member  it will be a big achievement for me to let them go. I have kept a couple of often used pieces but that is practical. 

12308537_1060387130680955_5649956568804724519_n.jpg

Yep, I've been trying that one for years - so far with no success.

Instead of offering to help with the housework - my birds see my activity (sweeping floors etc) as a sign that they will get new birdseed (something special).

They even come up to the wire (inside cage), in expectation.

Jelly cat just meows more loudly, because if I am busy (or sweeping etc) - it must be becasue I'm getting her special treats...

It seems that all my birds & cat just see me as a source of food - instead of as needing help with the housework.....

Adge

@Adge 

I thought cats were quite adept at clearing benchtops.

38b661dafd19bad6f872ec2566e95605c21bda770c737b2c4faec7123a872cf9_1.jpg

@Adgeimages - 2020-01-23T201237.109.jpeg

Yes @Former-Member I'm sure it's an excellent Mousekeeping Service...

As for testing to see if Wine Glasses bounce @Smc Yes Jelly Cat has tried that, several times.

No, they did not bounce.

The egg cups did not bounce either - she smashed 2 of them (with my vitamin tablets).

I think the Fish Oil tablets (in egg cup) were the incentive, along with my probiotic tablets (she ate them too).

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance