Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Ditching the Ciggers

Hi @TAB,

Checking back in to see how your going, good for you that you’re coming up day 8?

👍🏻

Hi @Former-Member Yes its Day 8 todayCat Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in on you too TAB, so impressed you've got past your first week. Well Done! 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

PAST YOUR FIRST WEEK @TAB 🙂

WELL DONE!!! !!! !!! Heart

Thanks @Former-Member yes day 8 today

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20171111_032817.png

@TAB Man Very Happy

Aww thanks @Former-Member not having a good day here re thoughts thought it would be linear ah ha Not doing it tho
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hearing you @TABTAB, dont know much about being linear...  thought you might be talking suicide at first, but thats just where i'm at, atm, but you, you probably just wanna puff, and if ya do i wont hold it against you, especially if you quit just as fast. YOU HANGVIN THERE! - you're inspiring more people than you know.  

Have you thought to take up a tedious hobby maybe? helps to have something to do with our hands. When I first quit smoking decades ago, when almost everyone smoked - all quashed in tiny staff rooms together - yep, I took up crocheting which made it easier not to smoke, especially around other puffheads, grr! lol. But have you thought of mini wood carving, or leatherwork, or building models? You'll know what's best 🙂

Hi @Former-Member and yeah first/other time I quit was probably helped by not being able to smoke inside ok at desk, cant believe people did that now lol

I guess I just thought Id magically feel healthy. Somethings seem better some of the time though. Anyway early days and going to see dr to quiz them about things tomorrow. 

Was Day 9 today , seems surreal, last couple days a bit crap tho

hmm no suicidal thoughts here and hope you are getting help with yours

things getty a bit wacky tho, applied for sickness benefits then cancelled it a few hours later, well woould be stuck on cashless caard to infinity unless I move out of this area before applying. its a puzzle. I am hating work. I could go and live at fathers place but that would take ok asking/approval, even tho its been offered and not getting anywork here even tho cant stomach the thought of it at the moment re the last few jobs here.

Anyway.Sorry for going on. I have some decisions to make, well soon  and whichever way i go there are going to be pitfalls tho prob better than hanging around here. Pain for gain maybe. And yes, re hobbies. I should do something.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Aww, hugzz @TAB, sounds like both of us need to kick ourselves into action twd something more workable. I have to get away from current living circumstances too - just finding the energy & focus to pull it off is hard. Sorry you're not ferling better yet - it will come 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance