Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Mavrixx9
Contributor

Equal Opportunity Employers

Hi all, 

I wonder if there are Job Agencies out here in NSW that caters for people with mental health disorders so that once we get well enough, there was way to re enter workforce of our field..

I have had mixed experiences with Disability Employment Services. I know if you havent worked in a while due to medical setbacks, you cant be fussy what job they find you. I have had better luck with jobs, when I spoke directly with the Managers of Job Agencies. 

Its all about selling yourself, I get that. I just wonder since I have a disability, can I take advantage of Equal Employment Opportunity and land jobs. Taking advantage of your disability to work for you interms of job market. 

Your Disability can open doors for you. Is there a way ?

What does everyone think ? Any job promotions you have come across ? Please share!  Thanks !

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Equal Opportunity Employers

Thanks for sharing your employment experience @Mavrixx9, what sort of jobs do they give you through Disability Employment Services?

Re: Equal Opportunity Employers

Hey @Ali11 

DES are helpful finding you jobs but sometimes you need to be careful when they make you sign up for short courses promising you work after completing 6 week free course. 

I think they get extra funding when they do that but fair enough. You live and learn from your mistakes. 

I guess nobody on this forums, have knowledge of any organisations who can help people like us find our way back into our respective field of work. 

Anyways, I guess I will keep researching online. Was worth a shot asking here. So no dramas. Thanks for reading. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance