Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Love a ramble @Teej 😊😁

How long until it will all be finalised do you think? How are you feeling about it all tonight (only if you feel up to/like answering)? Printers etc drive me nuts and would probably be enough for me for one night!

I'm on a huge soup thing at the moment for whatever reason. I could have it every day and be happy. It's so great to make up earlier and have waiting for you, like your minestrone. I have heaps leftover to put in the freezer 🙂

Yep I’m on the same thing with soup @CheerBear and it’s pretty cheap as well. I got the printer working and did print it out. 

I dont know the answer to your first question @CheerBear. It will depend on what happens next. This is my way of dealing with it at the moment. Press the scary button....put head in sand and not think about it.....press the scary button......put head in sand. Washing my hair has been a right pain, so gritty 😜😆

Haha @Teej. If it's working for you then head in sand it is! 🙂

I'm really impressed with how you're taking this on and getting through it. I know we only see the versions of us we put out here (that made way more sense in my mind) but what I'm seeing and sensing is pretty great.

Me too ❣️

@Teej @CheerBear 

Sorry @CheerBear , @Faith-and-Hope  had to soup up 🥣. I hadn’t eaten today 😯 so there is stress coming out you are not seeing. I just looked at the paperwork and it’s a bit scary but I’m hoping doable. 

Ive been pondering about writing a post on my recovery thread. I feel quite different over the last few weeks and I’ve tried to pinpoint why and how but I think it might just be some of my universe aligning (that sounds deep and spiritual but is more metaphorical than spiritual). Over the past 6ish weeks things have happened that seem to have given me a new lease of life. My mood is still stable (cross fingers for that), I think I’m possibly on the right dose of meds now. I don’t feel as sad, I don’t feel as anxious, I just feel more present. Who would have thought those words would come out of my mouth/fingers? 😉

I really think that maybe after the rocky time with my psych we have worked things out. She confirmed that I’m not restricted by any time barriers or others which has given me a huge sense of security. I feel like I’ve found that place where I know what support I can get from both her and my therapist for now. For the first time it doesn’t feel like I’m failing therapy. 

I wrote more but as you can imagine I’m feeling a little unsure what to write for anonymity reasons. I know I’ll fall over again but maybe not quite so much like clockwork for a bit.....or then again....

💜🤗

I loved reading this post so much @Teej. I'm so happy for you. You work incredibly hard at getting through the very dark and stormy times. So good to read you and psych have worked things out too.

It's very exciting to hear that you're here in this more stable place 😊❤ Go you Teej 😘

Thanks @CheerBear . Let’s hope I can keep it going. 💜🤗

I don't know if it's the same for you as it is for me but I'm so used to bad times that I feel kind of cautious when I'm on a roll and reluctant to really enjoy it because I worry about when it will end @Teej. I'm trying to enjoy being in the good times more and not letting that worry or doubt get too far in the way (not so easy though).

I hope you can enjoy and appreciate where you are now without too much of that 'for how long' worry happening.

Yeah @CheerBear I have been going through that 'waiting for the wheels to fall off' stuff but I’ve been trying to remind myself that they don’t have to and that the reality is they will but until they do I need to work on what I can. 

My biggest test will be after my surgeries and legal stuff that I will be back on the Centrelink/job provider merry-go-round. I will have a huge amount of work to do to navigate that as well as I have this so far (which is only the beginning still). 

How are you travelling tonight? 

Hugs @CheerBear and kudos for being a single parent. It's a hard slog being so responsible and no one to take over to give you a break.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance