Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Matt12
Senior Contributor

Mindfulness

Hi all

I have posted re Mindfulness in the past and still stuggle with "it" it has been tabled as the process the heal the mind and give space when your "in it" ..understand it takes time to develope but in the real world at my end it's just BS..life is a journey ...the process for me to "get it" is very diffical as in the real world bills need to be paid, people needs need to be meet, so taking time out be be mindfull is an escape from reality.

4 REPLIES 4
Ochre
Senior Contributor

Re: Mindfulness

@Matt12 there are some other mindfulness threads on the forum that you might find helpful to get some ideas about how others have responded to mindfulness and meditation practices.

There are many ways. The way I like to see practice is that it's a way of grounding myself, kind of like anchoring down so the head isn't in control so much and I'm able to see and feel things far more clearly, to not get so 'caught up in the head'. I find it's kind of like re-booting the computer when there's glitches so things run more smoothly. I find it means that I am more strongly achored in myself and far more clearer headed to manage stress and getting on top of things (that inevitably come up in life). 

This being said there are many approaches to meditation and mindfulness - LOADS! So it's about finding an approach, recorded meditations (or a teacher) that feels like a good starting point for you. (And not feeling you need to 'do it right' because there is no 'right'). The mind always wants to get in the way of meditation so it's about taking the pressure off having some kind of utopian, 'perfect', experience. If you ever have one of those then perhaps I can call you Guru! Smiley LOL

Ochre

Hey @Matt12, what mindfulness tactics work for some people may not work for others, but at the end of the day, it's about being aware of yourself and taking time out to just focus on you. Do you have time in your day for a coffee and just observe what's going on around you?

hello and hugs @Matt12 

love to hea mor my friend xoxo

Hi all

I am not closed off from trying new ways to settle the head, my head needs help ! mindfulness is about self awearness, that scares me big time.

My Doc has indicated that I need to go back to my chilhood where the damage was done, dont wont to go back and if I do mindfulness is just a word, that wont help.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance