Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

jay2
Senior Contributor

Not holding it together well

Every body who cares to answer.  Are people out there finding it hard to hold it together ? or is it just me.  I dont have a problem with self isolation ,I do that frequently, helps me keep it together.  I am thinking it is maybe the hype, you cant get away from it.   Put mute on the TV when it get too much. The whole thing seems to be overwhelming me.  Seem to be living every day with mixed bi polar 2, very uncomfortable.  Not sure what to do ,does any one else get mixed bi polar? if so how do you handle it?  jay2 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Not holding it together well

Hello jay2,

I want you to know that you are not the only one finding it hard to keep it together emotionally/mentally/every way.  I believe this current world situation is affecting every single person and playing havoc with their emotions and thoughts.  Some people are good at putting on an "I'm coping well" face and other people are more open with discussing not coping.  It does help to know others aren't coping and maybe by being honest about this, we can all help each other be strong.  I'm organising a mental health care plan through my doctor tomorrow, over the phone (the rules have been relaxed somewhat about getting access to these things for now).  I hear it's a simple over the phone consultation and with the care plan I can access online face-to-face counselling/couples counselling/family therapy etc.  Keep reaching out to people, keep searching for whatever healthy outlet it is that can help you through this time.  There are many people willing to share their experiences and I hope this gives some comfort.  I know it's become a bit of a cliche "We're all in this together"....but we also have to face each day standing on our own 2 feet and propel ourselves through the day.  I hope you can access the comfort you need.

You are not the only one feeling that way i am also feeling that way. It is reallh hard. I have started to talk to psychologist once a week recently we started via zoom. Which kinda helps but i am finding jt really hard you are not alone. 

I hope things go well with getting a mental health care plan. It is really hard at the moment or at least i am finding. I found that me and my psychologist have started doing telehealth sessions with zoom once a week. And it helps to have some one to talk to about things and tolk things through with. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @jay2 . It's a hard time for many worldwide unfortunately. But yes, like you, I'm finding it hard to cope, but hey I did even before the virus started.

I hope you're doing ok, take care. And remember, you're not alone

Hi all. I found it helped me a lot to just turn off the TV. Watch Netflix instead. I had a friend once who after the 9/11 event she picked up her tv and chucked it outside. On a personal level i was so used to staying at home that when i had to go to my new GPs clinic i was actually shaking from anxiety. New place   lots of people  actually was overwhelming. 

yes I experience it but sorry I too find it hard to cope/manage. I've even been ridiculed by 2 pharmacist over the amount of pills I take. Sharing in a safe place like SANE is most definitely help. Even if it is just reading. Blessing to you.

Yeah, it's not just you. I don't know how to handle it and don't have bipolar, 'just' anxiety/PTSD/maybe depression. But I'm done. Snappy at kids, distant with partner, have lost it at work a couple of times lately; came very close to losing it in a client (legal) meeting the other day when someone was making smalltalk about Covid and the restrictions. 
The 'all in this together' and 'you're not alone' thing shits me to tears, because we are quite literally alone and not together. Similar experiences maybe - _maybe_ - but not able to process and experience it with other people. 

All I've got left is to meet my basic responsibilities and try and find little pleasures in the week: a silly bird, a pretty fog. And to hope this passes and govts soon 'let' us see people again. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance