Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

@Newbie 

Acknowledgeding the negative emotions is really important.

Often being angry about something is the springboard that propels us to make change. Perhaps things are still too painful, but it can be helpful to understand why we hold onto bitterness which can be soul destroying and to realise we are so much more than it. Once we let go of it, we wonder why we held onto it with an iron grip. 

Trust can take time to be restored and setting healthy boundaries necessary.

Working out what can be reasonably expected also takes time but it is not unreasonable to let our partners know what we need too. I know Mr Darcy needs direct information, subtle hints are useless. 

images (41).jpeg

I do worry about the medication side effects with Mr Darcy. I know it is risk vs benefit and I don't want to see him so unwell again but ... yikes.

very true @Former-Member  the medication side effects  are big my friend , but without the medications mr shaz would be unwell

and the side affects of the meds will bring on new worries xx

Any tips on moving and MI appreciated.

@Former-Member  we only moved across town and that was a challenge. Can't begin to comprehend moving interstate 🤯

We had some amazing support from family and our agents. I don't know how I would have managed without this. 

@perseverer  I know your posts often relate to your young ones but wondering how hubby managed with your recent move. Mr Darcy seems to be hyping up already. 

@Sophie1  have you moved house with your Ms S?

Hi @Former-Member, my husband has slowly been able to better recognise his symptoms. He has started speaking of his condition as schizophrenia and has been describing more and more experiences in the past when he was psychotic. But he will not get updated medical treatment. It is as if he thinks if he doesn't confront it, it will go away. Working in his garden is very helpful to him. However, I can see the day coming fairly soon where I will call the CAT team and have him treated under a treatment order. 

Yikes @perseverer feeling for you. 

Thinking especially of the "long haulers" today. I know some of you are doing it tough at the moment. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance