Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

@Former-Member Juicy fruit !! Omg you are right ... I associated it more with port wine jelly !

this is my new rose, it bloomed about a week ago, it smells devine and looks amazing, i hope you all enjoy

image-20181016_095958.jpg

ohh how lovely @Jacques, thank you for sharing my wonderful friend Heart

@Janiee, are those tuberous begonias? Very spectacular.

@Former-Member, I've got peony poppies here too. I mostly get pink pompom ones, meanwhile in my Mum's garden there's red fringed ones. My sister and I will be collecting seed from those to introduce to our gardens.

@Jacques, do you know the name of that rose? I've got a "Just Joey" rose that looks very similar.

DSCN8128.JPG

Why yes they are @Smc, they store them each winter and plant them again after the snow

Former-Member
Not applicable

How did your delphinium and other horticultural delights go at the show @Smc?

The funny shaped veg section is always a favourite of mine.

images (46).jpeg

@Former-Member I have an aunt who won at a show with a giant sized .... something or other ... maybe a zucchinni .... hmmm ... she made the newspaper.

@Smc I bought my three roses on the basis of names and traits.  I have a lovely Chicago Peace rose with a delicate scent that has been helping ground me lately.  I have had it 10 years but this is first years of bountiful flowering.  I dead headed regularly and collected petals for MY therapy. Woman HappyThere is also the newer Appleblossom and a Gallipoli memorial deep red.

HeartSmiley Happy

@Jacques What a beautiful colour. Lovely to see you! It has been a while.  

Smiley Happy

@Shaz51 @Janiee Hi 

Smiley Happy

Hi @Appleblossom, hope your Sunday is going well 😊

@Appleblossom, I think the "Peace" rose and it's variants are possibly some of the best non-red perfumed roses. "Papa Meilland" is one of the best perfumed reds, "Black Boy" is also pretty spectacular. Our lovely sweet red rose that was growing here when we moved in hasn't got a name attached. It may be "Papa Meilland", but I don't think the shape of the flowers is quite right.

@Former-Member, the judge did like my delphinium enough to give it a first prize, but only after getting a second opinion to confirm that it was a true delphinium. Smiley Very Happy It isn't one of the familiar modern hybrids. It's a species variety that still grows wild in the U.S. The one in my garden is a dusty purplish colour. Different and pretty.
https://www.swcoloradowildflowers.com/Blue%20Purple%20Enlarged%20Photo%20Pages/delphinium%20barbeyi.htm

I also got a few firsts and seconds for other flowers and vegs. Sweet peas, potted herbs, a buttonhole posy were among the firsts, can't remember what the others were off the top of my head.

@Smc 🙌

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance