Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

And Hubby just reminded me that it has a reverse gear, which is a fun party trick. 😛

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Looks and sounds pretty cool @Smc 😁

My mum has been bemoaning how bikes today didn't look as good as the ones she grew up with. 

My Dad used to do scramble racing in the '50s. He had BSAs, a Panther, and his favourite ride was an Ariel Red Hunter. Having seen some on the road, I can see why, but they're a bit expensive nowadays.

He used to ride his boke to work, and remembers one cold winter when he was cracking ice off his big thick gloves on arrival.

@Smc

Mum was looking at a Triumph scrambler that she thought looked good (at the shop where we got our bikes). She thought it looked good till I asked the guy how much that is.  It was only $27k + on roads. LoL it Didn't look nearly so good after that.

How did you go today @Determined?

Enjoyed the course @Former-Member

Got a bit stressed when Darling kept trying to call me and sending me texts. 

Seems she is not at all happy with me being off doing my own thing. (Despite being ok with it until now)

All a bit tense and on edge atm. 

I recon it is great that this course is compulsory and now believe there should be a equilevant course for normal drivers licence. I have learned a lot today and expect to learn a lot more tomorrow. 

Can't wait to actually get out on the road and put it all to practice 😁

Well I passed my learner test 😁

Now 3 months of practice and on to my on road test. 

Hi @Determined - that’s a bummer about the uni course being on another campus. Have you made any decision about that yet? How’s the house situation going? Any closer to moving? 

Excited for you about the bike. Hope all is well with your Darling and the kids and the dogs of course. 

Congrats @Determined -  will keep my out for  a learner motorcylist with a spiderman helmet  in situ. 😀

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance