Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

I don't know @outlander

It's just around.

Its ok sis, sometimes theres no real reason it just wants to be a pain @Sans911
Do you want to talk about anything either whats happening for you or something else distracting or just sitting?

Still here for you sis. Will just sit quietly unless you want to talk @Sans911
💌📚

I just worry @outlander

that one day I won't stop at my thoughts, but will act on them. And with each time, the risk and danger increases.

In some ways, I see my life before me much as it is now. Lonely, some friends but not one of them close, no one really to shop for clothes with, no one to have coffee with. Not a partner to live and be loved. A very lonely existence. While much of that has been my choosing, not having those connections is soul destroying. I don't know if I can live a life like that until my time is done. I can fill my life with work, volunteering, etc but when I come home at the end of the day, what is left for me?

It is soul destroying indeed @Sans911 im really feeling for you. I dont have friends or a partner either but i know our age gap would make abit of a difference in the way we feel about those. I really hope that some more of those puzzle pieces will start to fit together soon and find someone that you really connect with. Maybe when you study or work again and be in that mmm 'mutul' sort of environment will work well. Perhaps youll be able to build upon the relationships with your current friends too and feel ok to go shopping with them, have coffee and chats etc. Dating... if you feel ready for that sort of relationship maybe you could join a dating site and see what fish are in the ocean..
I suck at friendships and connections so mightnt be the best person to talk to but i will always listen.

*mutual 😑 sorry about the misspell

I've done the online dating thing several times @outlander

but there's lots of not great before you get to great. At my age, many men come from broken relationships, so there's lots of complications of exes, children etc. Or the men are still living with their mother, or living a poor existence of a bachelor life.

And I'm okay with a number of friendships, but I don't have a close friend who I can share deep things with.

Many of my friends are overseas so our contacts are very sporadic, one sided (usually me making the contact) and very superficial.

I'm sorry, I don't want to talk about this anymore. It would be great if you could just sit with me. Thanks lil Sis

Thats ok. Sitting it is @Sans911💜

@Sans911 @outlander must have dropped off quickly after my last post Smiley Frustrated

I know things are super hard for you at the moment @Sans911, hugs sis Heart

Hoping today is a little better for you Heart

How are you doing @Snowie?

Have you much on today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance