Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Recovery from surgery and procedures is boring but necessary. Sometimes trying to do things too early or push through the pain is just not worth it. I get it completely. I'm still quite restricted in a lot of things even after 2months! And in quite a bit of pain tonight from 3 different places.

Have a look at this website - Moocs- that offers a lot if courses or university units and many of them are free. There is heaps to choose from. You might find a subject that is easy and interesting enough to occupy your brain and take your mind off other stuff. Btw I just caught up on your day and really pleased you have an appointment scheduled for more support with your pop. Like it's been said already, don't hold back anything at all. If they don't know they can't help. And you both need that support service.

@outlander 💜 💜 💜

Its so frustrating being restricted isnt it @Sans911 i know your also someone who doesn't like to sit around to much either.
Sounds like you may have over done it abit today..? But i also know pain likes to make unexpected appearances for no reason too.
💕🌻
Oh thanks! I havent heard of that site. I will have to have look. Im sure there will be something there. Have been wanting to study for while and had my next course picked out but finances stand in the way as per usual

Im glad to have the meeting too. Theyve said not much will be done before the new year but this is the first step and looking at options and things before organising anything/going on waitlists etc.

No I haven't overdone it today. Pain is from left chest (which is weird as there are no nerves there). Also graft site on my left thigh and the nerve impingement on my right this has been kicking off big time for several days. It's not so much painful but like an intense uncomfortable feeling. Hard to describe. And nothing I do helps any of them.
@outlander 💜 💜 💜

@outlander

that doesnt sound very comfortable at all @Sans911
Would it be worth getting a checkup on them? Maybe its a healing thing? 🤔

The surgeon and her team at the hospital are well aware of the pain and where it comes from. The skin graft is like a burn as they removed the top layer of skin. So it's going to hurt until it heals. That's going to be a while. The surgeon said basically have to put up with the pain in the left chest until it sorts itself out which could be up to a year! The pain in my right leg is unrelated to the surgery. It's a trapped nerved originating in my hip & it's not going to get better unless my size goes down. Another thing I just have to put up with. No medication helps any of these discomforts. And I'm sorry lil Sis @outlander but I can't talk about it anymore as I'm getting really upset and have been for a while. But

And it's not your fault at all that I'm getting upset. I was before I started to talk to you tonight

Thats ok you dont have to apologise sis. Im listening but never any pressure to talk about anything @Sans911
Hugs and ❤
Would talking about something else be a helpful distraction for a little while? I wouldnt want you leaving to upset 💕

Im not planning on going to bed anytime soon so i can stay with you as long as you like xo

You're up very late @outlander. Just sit with e a while. I'm watching a catch up British crime doco on SbS. I'll be alright in a bit

Of course, will come sit with you 💜
I dont usually go to bed till after 1 @Sans911 just depends on how i feel i suppose.
Im watching 2 and a half men atm. Only recently started watching this tv show.
A crime documentary sounds good too.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance