Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

What types of work would hire someone for less than 15 hours a week?

I’m about ready to give up and live off the dole forever. 

I don’t want to work in hospitality again, but I can only manage around 10-15 hours a week. Anyone have any ideas about where and how I would get a job like that? My past experience is in administration (EA/Project Administrator type roles).

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What types of work would hire someone for less than 15 hours a week?

Hi @Former-Member 

well done for wanting to work, I think it will be good for me to work again at some stage too.

re your question. I think if you try small companies to do admin you might find something. They normally don’t have as much admin and won’t need a full time person. 

Good luck!

Just a thought @Former-Member . How about data entry? Not sure but I think there is casual jobs in that. (Now I’m the dinosaur because there used to be)😳😜😘💜🤗.

hi @Former-Member 

I am in a similar boat to you in that I can only work 2-3 days per week.

I am looking for library work but it is proving to be extremely difficult to get a job. There are some positions with the hours that suit me so maybe this could work for you. You do need to have relevant experience in customer service or the relevant qualification.

It would probably be best if you stick with your area of experience so you don't have to start all over again. I am currently volunteering in the hope that will help me get a job. Perhaps you could find an organisation you like and offer to volunteer one day a week, say 10am-3pm? I dunno just a thought.

Good luck.

@Former-Member   Just a thought, maybe advertise yourself through fb or local notice boards to do house keeping or ironing - the amount of work you take on is how many hours you work, something you will be in total control of.  Big bonus is that these types of jobs are usually done for others at work so you won’t have anyone looking over your shoulder.  Might not be what you are after, but it was just a suggestion.  Good luck with finding something that suits you ❤️❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance