Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

So very tired of this life 

Sitting with you @Snowie and here if you need

They have taken everything from me. They have ruined my life. I am just a shell with no more soul. My heart is broken into a million pieces. I am only existing not living. What kind of life is that? I am so very tired of feeling like this. Of having no control. I am just tired of this life. 

Lee82,
I am sorry to hear that your in pain, I have sent you a check in email Lee82.
Dockers6

4 in the morning and I still get to sleep. I am so damn tired but I can't sleep. I am scared to close my eyes. Scared to see what I don't want to see. Why is life so hard? It shouldn't be this hard. It shouldn't be this tiring. It shouldn't be this painful and rough. I just want it all to stop. I am drowning and I don't know how to stop. 

Sorry I've not been with it.

My 5th Surgery is next Wednesday 5th of August.

I'm anxious & stressing about it.

I have no idea what recovery time.

If things go well, with no complications - I shall be home that same day (1st time that's ever happened).

There have always been complications.

The shortest time I've ever spent in hospital (after surgery) - was 10 days (16 days the longest).

Adge

It Blew me out of the Water - 3.5 hours trip for Medical Assessment Clinic

Pre-Op Nightmare This Afternoon (2.00-5.30pm)

They put so many obstacles in my way –

1)No I cannot go home without someone with me - forced to stay overnight Wednesday night in hospital.

2)Get immediate Swabs for MRSI (Pathology tests) – when that was 5 years ago (2015).

Oh my….

Due to every previous Surgery having gone drastically wrong, or having had on-going Complications –

-It’s been extremely hard (past few days) for me to Minimise this upcoming Surgery – to reign- in my fears & overwhelm (escalating anxiety).

Nothing in my dealing with hospitals (especially this hospital) or essential surgeries has ever been clear, simple, or straight-forward.

This afternoon’s Pre-Op Medical Assessment Clinic trip was scheduled by them at the last moment – with only 24 hours notice.

The trip took 3.5 hours (2.00-5.30pm).

When last time (march 2019)(16 months ago) – I was in & out of there in just 40 minutes.

First the Anaesthetist Doctor assured me that he was confident that it would Remain just a Day Surgery (no complications) – that I would be able to go home (after Surgery) this Wednesday afternoon (5th of August).

Then the Nurse said No, as I have no-one to take me Home (Taxi does not count according to her), no-one to spend the night at my home (watching me) after Anaesthetic – she Refused to let me go home Wednesday afternoon.

Nurse said that I will be forced to spend Wednesday night in hospital – to go home Thursday morning.

Then the Nurse insisted that I go & get immediate Pathology Swabs (both today & tomorrow) – for MRSI that I had in 2015 (GP test).

That was 5 years ago.

She said that I have had a Surgery (March 2019) since then – Which means that I don't have MRSI now.

Yet she still demanded I go get Pathology Swabs & again tomorrow.

Utterly exhausted – too much.

Now it’s 7.00pm, have not eaten for 7 hours (no Dinner)…

Adge

3rd August is my birth date 

it may as well be my end date 

I'm tired 

I'm going 

there's just no point 

I really want to talk to my GP

Hi @BlueBay ,

Sorry to hear you're having such a difficult day.

When are you scheduled to see your GP next? Is it possible to make an appointment tommorrow? 

- PrincessLettuce

Hi @PrincessLettuce 

sorry i didn't get back to you

i wasn't in a good headspace

i saw my GP yesterday and told him about my negative suicidal thoughts.

he wants to see me weekly for the next 6 weeks.

i told him some of my details about the negative thoughts, he is supporting me through this covid lockdown

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance