Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Lovely to see you @Emelia8 ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’ž๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ 

F8257559-11A2-4E65-8B0C-692C2853C5C0.jpegD7AE57E9-0714-4458-9F21-1AAECBB692E6.jpeg

@Shaz51  ... thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š  Yes my new profile picture is growing on me too, now that I have gotten used to the idea of no longer having my little dog there.  Takes some getting used to though.  But my new colourful dolphin is very beautiful I think, and I will likely stick with this one now.

@Former-Member  ... it is indeed my pleasure to respond to Kimmys message on your thread.  And I am particularly happy that it put a smile on her little dial.  I am happy to talk with her (and indeed you Nikki, and Izzy when she emerges) anytime, either here or on your Darkness thread.  You will always have my support Nikki, whether it be silent or otherwise. I feel a connection with you, and I certainly have an affection for each of you.

@Former-Member  ... thank you so much sweetheart.  As always, your pictures are so beautiful, delicate and warm. Just as I imagine you to be.  My apologies that I have not read much about how you are coping with your H at home post accident, and your D after a recent health scare.  Please feel free to tag me into any updates you provide.

A shout out to my good friend @Peri  ... I told you I would find a way back.  I hope you are still around, as I would love to hear from you soon.  How is your little granddaughter going, and has there been any resolution around custody of her for your son?

Em ๐ŸŒธ

๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒท @Emelia8 

Hello @Emelia8 ,

i am pleased that you have found a way to come back.  All your followers here will be pleased to hear from you.

i am ok. I have been through a tough few weeks one way or another and now I am very tired.  It is a rather bleak Saturday here apparently it is going to rainy heavily tomorrow.   

It is good to see you back

peri

Hi @Emelia8 ,

there is so so much here I did not know.  Welcome to the forum.  I know that you will receive lots of support

peri

Hi @Former-Member 

The beautiful picture you posted earlier has disappeared.  ๐Ÿ˜•  and your post from this morning has been deleted.  Is everything okay Pip?  Okay ... so going from memory ... I am sorry you have been feeling so unwell. A day in bed yesterday may well have been just what you needed for a bit of rest and restoration.  Constant adrenaline definitely is not good for us and takes a considerable toll.  Little wonder you are feeling exhausted.   And yes, I certainly do know the feeling.  ๐Ÿ’•

Great to hear that H is slowly recovering and able to do more each day. That will hopefully take some pressure off you from now on.   The recent ambulance trip to emergency for your D must have been very distressing for all of you.  I do realise its an ongoing thing, but that does not take away the obvious distress involved, which is clearly impossible to ignore.

Were you able to catch up on washing and other household tasks today?  Its been raining here, and I have no clothesdryer, so not much happened here today.  Its been raining much of the day and more expected tomorrow.  Thankfully, I did get a small load of essential (light) washing done, on the line and dry yesterday before the rain came.  I'm not complaining though .. I do like the rain. So I didnt do much at all today, other than a bit of tele and a short time doing some diamond painting this afternoon. I find that very calming, so I really should try to do more of it.

I hope I have covered most of what you wrote about this morning, and my apologies for not getting back to  you sooner.

Emelia ๐ŸŒธ

Hello @Peri .. its so good to see you again ๐Ÿ’• and I thank you for responding.

I think most people are happy to see me back, though I know some will not be. But thats okay, I can live with that.

I'm glad to hear that you are basically okay. I have just responded to your personal thread, and will not go over all the same territory again here. But basically, I am happy that there has been a reasonable resolution from the family law court regarding your granddaughters custody. You and your son must be happy with that, and can no doubt breathe a sigh of relief now. Dealing with all that must be very emotionally draining, so its little wonder you are feeling very tired as a result.

Its been a very wet and dreary day here today as well. Although we did get moments of sunshine off and on during the afternoon. I think tomorrow we will get more rain. But thats okay.

Thank you for your welcome back message. It is good to be back, and I am grateful to be here again.

I am not surprised that you do not know most of what I wrote in my opening post here. Much of this earlier stuff I have never spoken to anybody about before. I havent written on the forums about most of the earlier stuff either. Although I may have touched on bits and pieces here and there, I have never put it all out there together before. In fact, not even my psych is aware of any of the earlier traumas and tragedies. Perhaps I should talk to her about it? Although no doubt she would have a field day with it all. ๐Ÿ˜• And I really dont think I need any further diagnoses, other than what I already have. No, I think I will keep it to here and myself for the time being. Some might say that its not true, but all of what I said is verifiable. Which is why I wonder sometimes if I am just a magnet for bad luck and tragedy.

I'm really tired tonight. Its been a very eventful couple of weeks leading up to now. I think an early night is in order tonight.

Good night to you my friend. I'm glad you are still here, and equally glad that I have been able to (hopefully) safely return.

@outlander... I see you around and about. Good to see you.

Emelia ๐ŸŒธ

abit off kilter and lost atm @Emelia8 so just kind of floating around tonight
i hope you can get some sleep tonight Heart

Thanks for your message @Emelia8 

Really appreciate it. Things are pretty tough here lately. Maybe sleep will help. Not sure really.
Take care. ๐Ÿ’ž 

Hugs back to you @Emelia8  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’ž๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ

087AD19B-D044-4E2B-9994-6953E490F1FC.jpeg

53BC8A18-C0A4-4DC2-8F02-766A75B601A4.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance