Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Shaz51  Hi Shaz51 what music does mr shaz like?

@Zoe7 @Shaz51  I wish I could turn my hearing off and on 🙂 would come in so handy.  I would also love to learn sign language. I know a bit but because I dont need it not enough.

We have a teacher on one of the prep classes that knows sign language @greenpea and teaches the kids. I have picked up a little along the way from her. A teacher I worked with at the other school taught our two classes the National ANthem in sign language - the kids definitely picked it up much quicker than me Smiley Surprised

ha ha @Zoe7 , @greenpea  i love turning my hearing aide down as i cant hearing mr shaz snozing xxxxxx

@Zoe7  yes I learnt basic when I was a special teachers aide at a special school. It was fun making the motions for the words pig, dog and cat for example. I really enjoyed it and you are right kids pick up things so much quicker than us oldies 🙂

haha @Shaz51 That would help drown out the snoring Smiley Tongue

It sounds like you remember a bit @greenpea so you aren't starting off from scratch. I love the sign for kangaroo - and so did the kids. I had to watch the video of the other teacher signing many times before I got it all lol What have you been up to today?

@Zoe7  Busy day Zoe7 now since I have support workers. I went for an hours walk with worker and then did some cooking. Son2 has been sick and manic now for a few days so daughter and I are exhausted. She said she wants him back on his  old medications but I prefer him being a bit manic and alert than being like a zombie .... it is hard to find a middle ground. He has just headed off to a disco which is great. Hopefully he will have a great time. He has an awful crush on this girl and I think she is going to hurt him ..... which is really sad and upsetting but what can you one do. 

That is really tough @greenpea Hard to find that middle ground at the best of times but with such extremes in his behaviour it is even tougher. I can imagine being on constant alert is so draining. Hope you get some time tonight while he is out to look after the little pea xxx

Hi @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @greenpea @Angels333 @Appleblossom @Teej @Adge @CheerBear @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @Mazarita @Meowmy @frog @Flying_Hams @TAB @Snowie @Former-Member @Sans911 @oceangirl @Gazza75 @Hope4me and anyone else who's been supporting me lately - I had some fantastic news today ..... my new NDIS plan came through (without the delay I feared) and it's for 2 years and only very slightly reduced from this past year.  Celebrations here tonight!  Thankyou all so much for your supports over the last 6 weeks or so.  It really meant a lot to me to be able to talk about it here while the build-up was happening.

WOOHOO!!!

Now I can actually start to plan my weeks again.  And feel hopeful of steady progress.

Wonderful news @eth Doing a happy dance for you Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance