Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@The-red-centaur Hearing you had a difficult time. 

Heart

Sounds horrible, but you are trying to make the best of it.

Glad the others were here for you.  

@eth Life's ups and downs ... rain /shine ... feast /famine ... hope things are alright.

@Adge Love youre funnies.

Take Care All

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom they upgraded me coz I've figured out what's going on. I'm now in rehab. I'm really scared here.

@Adge it was 40 degrees here,  I'm in qld, with bushfires around me. so hot but we're fine. like you will be to, it's ok to be alone. there's nothing wrong with it. sometimes it's just what we need, sometimes we choose it, sometimes it's out of our control. whichever the case, you are never alone. you may feel lonely, but  you are not alone. always here just for a chat if you need it xoxo

A new place and system can take a lot of getting used to.  I hope that rehab will be better long term and give you more freedom than a typical hospital ward.

Gentle Hugs

Smiley Happy

@The-red-centaur 

Thanks @octavia A good reminder.

Alone, but not really alone.

No I wouldn't choose it - I'm introverted, yet value deep social connections immensely.

A long run of extremely bad luck (9 years worth at least).

Adge

good morning everyone, @Adge how are you today? sorry to hear you've had a bad run. we have an introvert in our family too. she's only a teenager, and would rather be alone. but we know as she grows up things will change for her. we will be here to support her. have you got anyone to support you? 

Hi everyone.  Hope today is going smoothly for you good folk.  I was off-line all day yesterday because I couldn't get any internet.  Thanks for all the tags - I haven't read individual posts yet but wanted to say Hi.

@TAB @cutiepiekitty @octavia @Lauz @BlueBay @saturnzoon @Flying_Hams @CheerBear @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Maxi7 @Sophia1 @frog @outlander @Owlunar @Maggie @Adge @Appleblossom @Zoe7 @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope @Teej @Exoplanet @The-red-centaur 

Best wishes for things to ease to all who are having a difficult time at the moment.  Not sure if I'll get to respond individually to you all, but know I'm thinking of you.

Lots going on in my offline life at the moment, new things, last minute cancelled things and keeping up with regular things all causing pretty high anxiety and the need to just do nothing in between commitments.  Tuesday was driving lesson, water tai chi and a live reading at the art gallery, with a cancellation by another new support worker that meant rearranging my day.  I've decided not to go with her now coz that's twice she's stuffed me around and I haven't even been out with her yet.  I know life happens for everyone, but I need people on my team who I can rely on to do what they say they will.  Then Wednesday was meant to be psychologist, which I was hanging out for, and that was cancelled so instead did chemist, post office, a cafe and 10 mins at the beach - all up quite a relaxed time.  Then vaccumed the main house and cooked to share with sil and her Mum last night.

Nothing on today but need to catch up on washing etc.  Then tomorrow is grocery shopping and water tai chi.  Need to do a list today as it's my 2nd last shop before Christmas and I want to get all the pantry stuff.  Have so much on next week that I've had to sort out everything even basic needs 2 weeks in advance (including support worker bookings, when I can shop etc.)  

Next Tuesday I have driving lesson then water tai chi, Wednesday psychologist, podiatrist and psychiatrist plus sil's birthday.  Thursday is bro's birthday plus I'm doing a training with the disability alliance all day and then their christmas party in the evening.  Then Friday I meet my peer mentor and later it's water tai chi.  Somewhere in all that I need ordinary errands too. 

So. .... if I'm not around much this is why.  

Doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you all.

Sending my support to everyone who wants it.

Hoping to be around a bit to chat on the weekend.

Lotsa love, Eth

Hi @eth 

I know we can't get here everyday but we still think of our forum-friends - I took a couple of days off to catch up with myself earlier this week - enough life was happening - and that is life

And life does happen for other people too but if you are employing someone who has stuffed you around twice then that would possibly mean continuing disruption of her life into yours and you don't need that.

It sounds that even if you have cancellations you have a busy life - driving lessons, tai chi - cleaning the big house and cooking a big meal sounds like really busy to me

I wish you well with so much and hope your day is the best it can be - and really glad you dropped in - catch up when you can - we understand

Dec

@eth  That’s a busy time ahead for you. I guess life will be heading in the fast lane for many this time of year.

Sorry your support worker has cancelled twice. I presume this is the new one recently employed by you. You put so much time into making that decision, it’s sad it’s worked out like this.

We will be thinking of you in your busy days ahead. Take care. 💛💛💚💚❤️❤️

Listening Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from ...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance