Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Yay @greenpea  about house inspection.

Smiley Happy

@Adge  Only say what you want ... It can take a while to process things ...

Smiley Happy

@Angels333

Walking along with your home coming and wishing you the best.

Smiley Happy

@Sans911 

@outlander 

Hugs All

Smiley HappyHeart

@Appleblossom  😄 thanks Appleblossom Heartxxx

@greenpea

Heart

Smiley Happy

It is a stress ... and would send me into a spin.  

Hi everyone.

@eth @Appleblossom

Re: Date - I posted this straight after (on Wednesday).

It seems to have been missed, because I've been asked (several times) how it went - so I'm repeating my original post.

Well we had a good chat (for 1 & 1/2 hours), & that was fun (nice).

The lady had the wrong age on her dating profile (she said), she's actually 10 years older than it said.

She does not seem interested in meeting someone for a relationship - she just likes meeting men once, as a social outing (she said).

It was good as a "confidence-building social exercise".

I hadn't been down to the Boat Harbour in several years, so that was nice.

I'm hungry (only just got home) - so I'm munch, munching dinner, as I type...

We did not exchange contact details (she wasn't interested) - so no further contact.

@Zoe7Yes you are right - of course it was still worthwhile.

@greenpeaMy Date did not meet any of my Essential Criteria - which are very brief compared to her criteria.

Being interested in maintaining contact (or interested in me), is one criteria.

Adge

Adge

@Adge 

Sounds pleasant, so not a waste of time.

Smiley Happy

Some people have many requirements, but diddling re age ... oh well ...

I stopped going on dates as I was tired of the rollercoaster (of being chosen or not), but for about 6 months I went on a few.  Overall it was a positive experience. Helped reduce the gap between the sexes for me, as I was wary for a time before that.

Keeping an eye open in that area cant hurt.

Smiley Happy

@greenpea  I'm still not up to posting more about yesterday yet.  Have had what I think is an adrenalin/excess coffee hangover all day, plus lots of details and worries about what went down bouncing me all over the place.  Water tai chi this afternoon was wonderful.

Will see you over at the feast as I see you've just posted there too.

@Adge  sorry, I had seen that post of yours re your 'date' and thought I'd supported it.  Dealing with big stuff here irl and just dropped in briefly this morning.  See you at the friday feast if you get there.

Hi @Appleblossom Your reasons for not dating (back then) sound very similar to mine.

Rollercoaster yes.

Then there is "Since my female friends say I'm a Great Catch" (for a woman) - "How come no-one wants to catch me"....

Adge

I think there is also a lot to consider about whether or when to commit.  I have never got it right in the past, so careful cos I make mistakes.

How tall are you @Adge ?  Or is that too personal ... hee hee

Smiley Very Happy

@eth  Give yourself time to process ... there are surely lots of strands ...

Smiley Happy

That's fine @eth There wasn't much more to say really, because we won't be meeting again.

If I had made a new friend, & we were staying in contact - then I would be excited, & I would have lots more to say.

Adge

Yes well @Appleblossom I've committed far too early, in the past. So I'm with you there.

How Tall? That is a very interesting question.

I started out as 182cm (30 years ago), that's 5 Feet, 11.5 Inches (old scale) - just short of 6 ft.

Then I shrank - when I last measured, I was now only 179cm tall (I've shrunken by 3cm).

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance