Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hi @eth 

Just catching up today - I have been dragging my emotional feet lately but the tough time is passing and so is winter and we have a another spring-like day in Melbourne - but

When Winter's here the adage ran

Can Spring be far behind?

You bet it can

I would love to go outside but I have a headache that is persisting - I have told my doctor about it - it's stress

Anyway

About telling your psychologist about your time on line - and maybe she has suggested but you have come to see that so much of your time on-line and helping others is not good for your mental health and balance. Only you know if she's right  but I wonder how you feel about that

If it's affecting your life-balance and home-based activities then it could be a problem. However you really enjoy yourself doing it - so if that means a roster then maybe this would help - 

I stay on-line as long as I feel like it and not just in the forum - I have other things I am interested in - eg on-line studies - I guess I stay here as long as I feel like it and if I don't feel like it I stay away - 

But we all have different modes of activity - and we do what's working - I guess it is too much if it impacts into our other activites and causes some time-imbalance

Actually I got very expensive new glasses recently and they have a  lamination on the lenses that reduces the blue-light effect from the computer - and TV and phone - that  really works - it's been a few weeks

I don't know your family arrangments though - I live alone here and I am the only one I have to please - I attend to my place and actually cook quite a lot

I wish you the best with that and hope what you decide to do works out - I really don't like it myself when anyone questions what I am doing and why - it's my old age - that's my excuse for being stubborn about what I do - it's working for me too

That's the big quesion Eth - whatever you do - is it working for you

Dec

Hey @Owlunar  It's not at all that helping others isn't good for me - it absolutely is.  But my time on-line overall has increased exponentially since my 2 friends went overseas for the winter.  There are other things I could be doing that are also good for my mental health and I agree with her that it would be good to have more of a balance.

I do hear you about reacting to being told what is or isn't good for me - I have a bit of that too, but ultimately agree with her.  I've been on-line at least 20-25  hours a week lately.  Like you I live alone in my cabin and my time is my own, but it's in my brother's back yard and he and his wife also encourage me not to spend all my spare time on the computer.  Because the cabin has 1 long wall that's almost entirely glass they can see what I'm doing.  The one pitfall of living here, where I have amazing support.

Thanks for your support too.  Hope your headache is easing xx

Good Morning everyone @eth @Doglover @Owlunar @greenpea @Appleblossom @BryanaCamp @Adge @Zoe7 @eudomonism and so many others sorry if I mmissed you.

I had a good family day yesterday watching Netflix together.    Then when I went to bed my head wouldn't stop going down SH thoughts.    It was such a good day then I have had barely any sleep.   I'm so tired.   

Today I have to go birthday shopping for my son turning 18.    And I have to do some cooking,  homemade vegetarian sausage rolls.   Hopefully keeping busy my head will be clear, I really want to get rid of these  thoughts as it's only time before I act on them.

Hoping you all have a good day, I  would love to see you around this morning on the forum.   Blessings to all of you xxxx

@Angels333 I hear you on barely any sleep - much the same here Hon and it is hard to function when we don't sleep. It is good that you have things to do today to keep busy and I hope you make it through as okay as you can when you are so tired. Happy birthday to your son 🎉🎈 Let us now how the day goes and how you manage to get through as well Hon. Heart

@Angels333 

Heart

I am glad you had a good day.  It can be hard sometimes to believe that things are going well.  Also when we have struggled with SI it can take a long time of things going well ... to finally put some of those thoughts ... to bed ... so to speak ... and get a good night's rest ...

Heart

Keep perservering.

Smiley Happy

Hi @Angels333   hope today was better for you and you get a good sleep tonight.

Hi @Zoe7 and @Appleblossom 

Quiet day here today and I just haven't got a lot of words at the moment.  Will be thinking of you @Angels333  and hoping those thoughts ease, very much.  Have you anyone you can reach out to when it gets like that?  Or considered calling one of the helplines?  Tagging @Former-Member in case they have any suggestions that might be helpful.

Take care all of you.

Hey @eth @Appleblossom @Zoe7 Thanks for the replies.   Today was good, I got the cooking done and have some freezer meals for through the week, as I'm back to work this Tues.   It's now that I have stopped for the day and am resting that my mind goes in negative territory.    Yes @eth I have been considering lifeline  the last few days.    I will be seeing my Psychiatrist on Wednesday so I can speak to him then also.      It's been really awful the thoughts have just been horrible. 

Anyway I hope your day was good for all of you and anyone else passing by.  Blessings to you all xxxx

I did the same as you today @Angels333  - got a couple of things cooked to heat up over the next couple of days as I am back to work this week (tomorrow) too. I am extremely tired today so very much hoping for an early night. 

It is never nice having those negative thoughts but you have achieved some positives today and kept yourself occupied for a while. Use the helplines if you need Hon ...and us here too - if it helps you get through. Hugs Heart

Edit: was meant for Angels333 as Eth mentioned Smiley Surprised

A Big Hi! and good morning to all the formites on The Long Rave!:D @Zoe7 @Mazarita @Angels333 @eth @Appleblossom @Doglover @Adge  wishing you all a super pea Monday :D. Sprinkling with rain here so no walk. Will spend the day with son2. Have a great day everyone and take good care of yourselves. Love peaxxx

hi @Angels333 well done on the cookery. That'll be great to get out of the freezer during the week, especially once you start working. I've recently started work after 7 years of unemployment and while it can be stressful at times, I'm really enjoying it. I hope it is a positive experience for you too. Glad you've had some quality time with your family over the weekend and you've been able to keep your SI thoughts at bay. My car broke down Sat which spoiled all my weekend plans, find out today if it's fixable & how much. Have a good Monday Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance