Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

that's extremely hard @octavia
it sounds like keeping your distance for a few days might be a good idea even though I can imagine that might be tough to do too.

treacle sounds horrible @Former-Member  hope it eases off. thanks for tagging me

Hi @octavia 

That sounds terrible - I really don't know your story so I don't know about your son but there is no need for you to put up with that

I take it he is an adult and possibly has some kind of MI but there is only one way to deal with that and to keep yourself safe and that is Tough Love. Do you know what that is? - it means that you let the person know you love them but refuse to put up with their rage - after all - he might have trouble controlling his emotions but his behaviour is a different matter

So - for now - don't keep trying - it doesn't seem to be getting anyway and sounds really bad - and I am sorry to hear it

Dec

Good morning @Shaz51 and wish you
a pleasant day. Take care. Bimby2.

Hi @Shaz51 @TAB @Former-Member @Appleblossom @Bimby2 @Owlunar @octavia  and anyone else passing here today.  Wishing you a peaceful one.

@Appleblossom   when I have a good team of regular, trusted and reliable support workers and a good coordinator of supports and the plan manager who's been excellent since day one  things go smoothly for months at a time and I make good progress on my goals.  2 out of 3 at the moment.  But looks like I'll be meeting at least 3 potential new team sw's this week so hopefully won't have to do much paperwork etc once I choose who's coming on board.  So yes it can keep you busy at different periods of time, but overall it's worth persevering jumping through their hoops if you possibly can.  I've made heaps of progress since first getting NDIS funding.  I wish the same for you.  Also I have a 2 year plan this time so won't have to go through the whole review prep and process next year.  Not until mid 2021.  

Hi @octavia  I'm so sorry to hear your son has deteriorated and abused you again.  I tend to agree with @Owlunar  that the best thing you can do is stand strong and step back, telling him that you are there for him when he is ready but you will not accept being abused.  He knows how to contact you once he has settled down again.  Hopefully adjusted meds will make this possible.  I'd be making sure the hospital staff know he is being abusive.   Best of luck getting onto the doctors and his psychiatrist today.  

Good morning @eth and may your week
be a pleasant one. All good wishes.
Bimby2.

Well said @eth 

Tough Love is tough work - but we do not deserve abuse

Dec

Thanks for the tag yesterday, sorry I haven't been around @eth . I hope you're having a good Monday 💜🌻💜

hello and tender hugs @Molliex , @Mazarita , @Owlunar , @Bimby2 , @eth 

I have a few texts from a couple of children i looked after that were in that hail storm yeaterday xx

hello and tender hugs my @Bimby2 , how are you today xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance