Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Well?

Hi and good morning all @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Molliex @opinions2019dec @Owlunar @BlueBay @octavia @Adge @Handouch   just dropping in briefly as today is looking hectic again.  Hope today is starting gently for you all.

@opinions2019dec  your post that I was going to reply to from yesterday has disappeared.  It seems like you're having a difficult time at the moment.  I'm not sure what sort of response you would like from your last post ... "Well?"

Sometimes you don't get an immediate response on the forums as we are all just other people with our own mental health challenges and sometimes busy offline.  But you will usually get replied to before much time passes - as I am now.

If you want to talk about what's going on with me you can tag me using the @ symbol and then type my name slowly - you will see a drop down box where you can click on the name you want e.g. @eth 

Take care in the meanwhile.  Hoping you have some sort of hobby or self-care activities to get you through the difficult times ... Coping Box  and what’s in your tool box?  are a couple of threads where people have shared ideas and what works for them if you're interested.  Tools to cope   is another one.

Hi @eth and others 

I've got a busy day too. Physio then grocery shopping snd Xmas shopping   
this time of year feels really busy and stressful. And it shouldn't be. Have a nice day ❤️

Hi @BlueBay  hope your day goes well and according to plan.

My support worker cancelled as she is sick (another asthmatic seriously affected by the fires and smoke drift).  Luckily I found another one who can cover the shift as I have psychologist, podiatrist and psychiatrist appointments - 1 I waited 6 weeks for and another I waited 12 weeks for, so I really didn't want to have to postpone them til after the Christmas shut down period.  But I did hit the panic stations for a bit there.  Today is sil's birthday and we are having cake before I go out so that will be a nice way to move into the busiest day I've had for a while (and that's saying something).

Hope today goes well for all xx

Hi @opinions2019dec Just logged on and saw your post. @eth  is right sometimes communication is slow as we are not always hooked up to the forum 24/7.

Totally agree.  Too many scammers in the world, in big and small ways.

Is it worth returning the sauce? 

I have never done that, but my ex husband said his mother returned supermarket stuff and complained to the manager all the time.  

Hi @Appleblossom 

this is a demonstration of the mental health issues playing havoc on the mind. I contacted the shop and they replied the sauce is correct price (owner).

Hi @Shaz51 @BlueBay @Appleblossom @Owlunar @opinions2019dec  @Molliex  sorry I'm too tired to respond much tonight and have another busy day and evening tomorrow, then Friday too so might not be here much until Saturday.  Today I had psychologist, podiatrist and psychiatrist in one day.  Phew!

I feel for you all with what each of you is dealing with at the moment.  Thinking of you.  Take care xx

Hi @eth @Mazarita @opinions2019dec @Appleblossom @BlueBay and everyone here. I’m not feeling right at the moment so I’ll quickly dot point things that are going on while I’ve got a spare few minutes. Here goes!

* My housemates mother has booked a removalist in to get my housemates things from her house but it’s not for another week and her mother has conveniently forgotten that we are moving into our new place either tomorrow or Saturday and I won’t have my armchair to sit on. 

* My housemates mother has also decided to no longer go for compensation from the old sole real estate agent who got the bond so she has made me go into debt by financing the new bond for our new place despite saying she would do this and would also finance the new bond to help us out. The mother also didn’t like me going with the finance company nearly 2 years ago for my car loan and now I’ve had to refinance my car that was nearly paid off because she pulled out of helping us with the bond. 

* I don’t want to have Christmas with my housemates family- her mother in particular- yet my housemate is making me have dinner with her. I am really annoyed with her mother and I feel that I have to go just to make her happy (my housemate) yet I know that her mother will pick on my housemates weight and other issues and I will have to witness all this negativity which I don’t want to be part of.

* Housemates mother is also hassling me for her scarf that I started knitting for her a while ago- before this whole house thing started in August- yet won’t accept that I haven’t had time to do it for many reasons, most of them out of my control. I’m also due to start back at uni in early January which I had to defer this period because of the housing situation yet she’s refusing to accept that uni is more important than her scarf. Pressure 101!

* My sister is causing me issues including me having to seek out psych help at a hospital- after waiting over 8 hours, the psych was meant to refer me to the on on call psych triage team for follow up but never did- so it was a total waste of time. Anyway my sister is being very controlling and trying to tell me what to wear, when I call and speak to a old family male friend and want to know all the details about said family friend, as well as what I can and should be spending my money on. All of this because I’m living in her house and she’s working and thinks she has the right to do all of this. She’s even been going through my things at her house and telling me what to throw out as she believes that most of the things I bought to her house is ‘clutter’ and rubbish despite my housemate spending time cleaning her house when we arrived and getting 10 bags of rubbish, mostly magazines and newspapers, out of her house. It’s pretty stressful and I can’t wait to leave her house.

* My sister also carried my cat out in a sleigh into her front yard on Saturday night despite my cat not being an outdoors cat which totally freaked me out as I thought my cat was going to get out of the sleigh and run away and get hurt. My sister thought it was perfectly okay to do this, even funny, yet if I did this to her cat it would be a totally different story. 

Okay. Gotta go. There’s more to this but I can’t talk now. Thanks for reading this!

SIbling relationships can be tricky @Judi9877 

@eth I have tyre pressures in car, myotherapy, ppdoc and vet today.  SO busy for me too.

@opinions2019dec SOmetimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong, and thats normal but its best if we know the difference, acknowledge it and get on with it. There are levels of being too trusting in this crazy world, but we dont want to lose the ability to trust completely.

Cheers All

Hi and good morning @Appleblossom @Judi9877 @opinions2019dec @BlueBay  and anyone else around here today.  @Bimby2 @cutiepiekitty @Meowmy @saturnzoon @Ant7 @Gazza75 @TAB @boot  @CheerBear @Maggie @Sherry @Hamsolo01  @Adge @Angels333  @The-red-centaur @Snowie @outlander @Sans911 @Teej @Ant7  @Shaz51 @Molliex @Scarecrowe @octavia @Maxi7 @Sophia1 @Exoplanet @frog @Zoe7 @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope   Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Hope today is one of the better ones for all and has some peaceful moments in it. 

I was meant to meet with my peer mentor today but it was cancelled.  So now I have 2 1/2 hours of spare time with my support worker - which is quite rare.  Nearly always I have comitments or errands necessary for all the time I have booked.  Will go to the chemist first - have worked out all the meds I need until I get back from my trip on Jan 7th.  Trying to make sure I've done all my pre-Christmas shopping including gifts and food (bro and I are doing the Chrissy feast this year so I've planned what I need for that too) before my mum is here from the 20th so will do a bit of that too.  I leave on the 27th the day after she goes.  Feels like chaos in the planning, but will make things much easier once I have the plan to work to.  After that I have my water tai chi class late afternoon, which always clears my mind of everything else that's going on.

Hope your day went to plan yesterday @Appleblossom  and that things start to get easier for you @Judi9877 . 

I am also advance preparing myself to have strong boundaries about interactions with my mother while she's here - if you can do that about your partners mother it might help Judi.  Even something as basic as moving to another room if she starts to nitpick - even if it's the bathroom.  And remembering to breathe if you can't leave the area.  Trying to delay responding to her rather than reacting quickly.  Now I have to practice what I preach!

Take care all xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance