Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hey @Adge  you'll be on my mind tomorrow for sure.  You're probably in hospital already to prep for it.  Hope the mix-up with contradictory instructions has been sorted.  Take care buddy.  Hope the surgery is a great success and you get some relief from it.

@Flying_Hams  this afternoon's been very lazy - watched telly for a few hours.  Resting my foot after yesterday's flare up.

Thanks for the encouragement to you and @frog and @Zoe7   Zoe I'm in the Hunter region of NSW with several new cases over the last week.  Nearly all related to people who've visited from hot-spots elsewhere.  Taking extra precautions anyway - hopefully if enough people do so we'll avoid an exponential spread like in Vic.  Really feel for anyone in Melbourne or surrounds - I've a feeling you might be in the midst of all that.  

Take care all xx

Great start on the bike my @eth 

Are you  in hospital  now my @Adge 

After my fall on Sunday still recovering 

Today I put our tax in ans am applying for the  carers allowance  as I don't think I will get the carers payment  

Hey @Shaz51   With what I know about your situation caring for your mum as well as your husband it seems to me you should be eligible for the  carers pension, not just the allowance.  When I was in a carer role what my Dr did was fill out both applications for me and we put them both in so c'link had enough evidence and had to make the decision which to grant themselves.  Worth a shot I reckon.  Best of luck with it.  I think the main criteria is about how many hours a week/day you are actively caring for one of them.  And what level of care they need.  Good on you for getting your tax sorted.  I hadn't heard about your fall so I hope you recover swiftly.

Hope I can get the carers pension  @eth , filling in the form and go from there

Yes had a fall on the wet grass, nothing broken  but ache all over xx 

I went flat on my back @eth  xx 

Any tips with the carers pension  @eth  xxxxx 

Oh @eth I thought you were in Victoria - sorry Hon - got that mixed up along the lines.

I am not in Victoria either - safe and secure in Tassie where we have been able to isolate and keep it to a couple of small regions before eliminating altogether. 

It is about 4 degrees here tonight though and the power has just gone out. There have been storms around so it seems one of those has knocked out our power - going to be a cold night.

Out I my sister  @Zoe7  brrrrrrrrrr xx

Hi @Shaz51 that fall sounds rough. Hope the aches subside soon. Take care of yourself friend.

Oh @Adge that sounds hard being in hospital for the op, especially conflicting information. No wonder you feel overwhelmed. Wishing you some clarity around that, and thinking of you.

Thank you  my @frog  lucky nothing Is broken my friend  xxxxx

I am applying for the carers pension for my mum  xx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance