Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

Yeah had its ups and downs re work was 36 humid then thunderstorms didn’t achieve mu h just did what could. I got frustrated and snippy latee in day hope you’re okay @BryanaCamp

hi @TAB that is tough conditions to be working in 36 deg & humid. You're a hard worker. I'm not surprised you got a bit snippy. I totally relate, I'm highly irritable & have a very short temper and it makes for a tough time in the social world at times epsecially when everyone else seems so calm and relaxed about what's annoying me.

hi @Flying_Hams how are you going today, have you got work on? Hope your session with psych is continuing to nourish you & help settle things a little today. 

hi @Zoe7 that's nice to have a new cactus! I've got a couple of aloe veras inside and they barely need any water, it's nice to have a little bit of greenery. hope today goes well at school for you 

hi @Sam3 we haven't heard from you for a while, how are you travelling? how's work and your family going?

I'm off to a slow start today. I've got errands and chores to do but feeling very demotivated. My call to my brother last night went ok, he sounded a little restless and frustrated at how slowly things are going in hospital and how little he gets to see of his doctor & how little info is available about outpatient care once he leaves hospital. I think he might be sick of me calling him. Oh well, tonight is my last night then it's back to my sister's responsibility to call him which will be a relief.

Not til tomorrow @BryanaCamp
I have a networkibg event this evening and also spoke to my old colleague this morning about some small projects to work on. So that's helpful. Takes some of the stress away.
Just went to gym and now waiting for my coffee which I just ordered.
Overall I'm not too bad. Woke up crappy but then went to gym and that helped.
I'm beginning to think that so long as i have something to do in the first half of the day I feel better. Even if it's just a gym visit. That can make a difference. It's good just to break it up. Then I can feel like i accomplished a small task. Spoke about this briefly the other day at the psych too.

I am just taking it small steps at a time. No need to rush.

I hope it gets resolved with your bro @BryanaCamp
I'm impressed by your consideration for his welfare. Family matters

Hope you are managing alright @TAB

sounds like you are doing really well today @Flying_Hams , good work on pacing yourself, that is a great headspace to be in. The valuable steps you're taking today will all payoff in time to your overall goals.

I totally relate to the concept of doing something in the morning to get a sense of accomplishment. I finally managed to do my HI 10 minute workout today and although I don't seem to get the endorphines hit that I've heard about, I get a real sense of achievement after I've done it and mark it on my wall calendar. The lady in the youtube vid says "even a small bit of exercise is way, way better than no exercise" so I like that encouragement. It is great that gymwork makes you feel better, that's a big strength. It's also good that you can get up in the morning & get going - I need 2 coffees to do that! And as one of my fav self-help people says, everyone has a physical body, despite whatever mental state, that needs to be taken care of. Daniel Mackler.

Thanks for your comments about my brother, I appreicate it. I really hope he can turn things around as an outpatient and get some support services in place to start creating a social support network as he was uber isolated before being commited. Yeah family is family. I've only been able to enjoy family since being on my current meds, especially anti-psychotics which makes it easier to be around people.

I'm just doing some cooking now, a big healthy stirfry with lots of veg. I've marinaded the tofu so it should be good. Do you like cooking?

yeh @BryanaCamp it's good to do it I think. I've been into it since I was a kid. One of the few in my social circle at school who did food tech in my final exams for school. Was a bit of a bludge but it taught me some really useful skills I think.

Yeah it can get like that I think, I need coffee in the morning to wake up. I think the effects of my meds also keep in sleep mode for a little longer than I want.

glad that gym helps you, or at least any form of exercise. I find it easier to wind down afterwards too

It does sound like your brother is not being told much and that is hard for all of you @BryanaCamp but it is better he is in hospital that going how he was before he went in.

I have named my three coloured cacti after previous moderators we have had here - one of those mods really loved cacti too so it seemed appropriate. I have a lot of indoor plants - I love plants either inside or in the garden - just keeing them alive sometimes is difficult - especially when I forget to water them lol

Work was good today - and helped out with one class doing a little extra - the teacher on that class looked quite tired today so I did some of the marking for her ...she was very grateful Smiley Very Happy

Im
Fine @Flying_Hams people working with think they are in charge and doing full
Passive aggressive thing anyway only a few hrs to go hope not asked to come in tomorrow. Doubtful anyway as am
Laborhire so cost too much

@Flying_Hams I've worked out that religion, the system and society are the cause of all my problems. And I'm now realising it's them with the problem and it's them who are sick. Not my problems. Not my sickness. No need to stress about them.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance