Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Thank you for your message @Faith-and-Hope 

I'm trying to get my mindset right too, that will take a bit of time

In the last 9 months I have started to be more assertive

Some people take advantage of my kindness. I am very caring

I am finding that I have similar emotions or negative emotions

I don't know what to do with them.....

@Faith-and-Hope 

The emotions I meant were similar to what you expressed with Sherry. I know that is not me. But I think its part of the depression and maybe my sadness. 

hello @Former-Member , sending you tender hugs , are you ok xxxxx

Yes @oceangirl, I understand.  Sadness is one of the feelings that can stay with us when we feel hurt and don’t know how to express it, or process it, or stop the behaviours (often in others) that cause it, and move the feelings towards healing.

Aseoth som many other things, distraction and seeking more positive experiences can help, along with keeping ourselves busy.   Even that needs balance too though, but with care, it can be worked on.

Awareness and mindfulness are great starting points, and it sounds like you’re onto both.

💛🌷

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @greenpea . Another Eels fan I see. I'm not, though I do have a soft spot for them. I used to follow Newtown Jets coz they were underdogs. Then they unexpectedly reached a grand final, but lost, then dropped from the competition the next year. So I then followed Canterbury. They hadnt won a premiership since the 1930s or something silly, so they were the new underdogs. Clearly my support from afar made all the difference and they won a couple of premierships. Raiders entered the NRL so I switched my allegiences to them. Then they started to win comps. I must be a lucky charm. 😆

As far as players go, I have met a few of the Raiders players from the 1990s era. One of the nicest guys you can meet is Bradley Clyde. Really lovely guy. One of the best locks going around, played for Aust of course. And there are a couple of players in the currenr Raiders team who come from my old home town. I didnt live in that town, but I went to school there.

Being a Canterbury supporter when Peter Stirling played for Parra, I preffered Steve Mortimer. One of 3 Mortimer bros who played for Canterbury back then. @Zoe7 

Hi @oceangirl @Faith-and-Hope @Jezabell89 

Sherry

We need some of your luck for the Eels @Former-Member so more than happy if you want to switch sides again - been a long time since we won one and would love to see us get there again soon. Don't think it will be this year with our inconsistent performances. We didn't even turn up until half way into that first half and that isn;t good enough Smiley Sad

Never met any NRL players but quite a few AFL players - being from an AFL state. A lot of great talent have come from Tassie - players and current coaches.

@Boonana Checking in with you tonight to see if you are back with your mum and having some Eddie cuddles. Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Shaz51 I'm okay thanks. 😀

I havent met any AFL players, but my hubby met Warwick Capper when he was playing.

I met some NBL players .. Do you remember Andy Campbell? He played basketball for Cannons and Boomers. So tall .. 7 foot 2 inches. Plus I also met some Brumby / Wallaby players when we were holidaying in Fiji and the Brumbies were touring and playing against national Fiji team. We went to the match in Suva. Stephen Larkham is the one who stood out for me, just seemed a genuinely nice fellow.

I have met the current Melbourne Storm coach, Craig Bellamy. He was a team mate of another Raiders player whom I knew. After quitting league he became a barman at a golf club I used to go to occasionally with my hubby. Bellamy visited him there before taking on the Storm coaching gig.

I get a real thrill meeting sporting greats. Another big one was Heather McKay and also Geoff Hunt. Anyone who follows squash would know they are about as big as you can get.

Some say that Heather is Australias greatest ever sportswoman. There is no disputing that she is the worlds greatest ever female squash player. And she watched me play squash! Geoff Hunt was world number one for most of the 1970s. Meeting them both was a real thrill, especially being a squash player myself.

Work for you tomorrow @Zoe7  so I guess you are planning an early night? Perhaps you are watching House Rules?

Sherry

Sorry I haven’t been on here much..
I am with Eddie though @Zoe7

Actually recrding House Rules to watch when I get home from work tomorrow @Former-Member - it will be my hour or so to relax when I get home.

I have heard of Geoff Hunt but not Heather McKay - but I have never been a squash fan - either watching or playing.

Stephen Larkham I remember from the Australian team - very tall but nice to hear he is a genuinely nice guy s well.

I do not remember Andy Campbell at all though. I lost interest in basketball a lot when the Tassie Devils folded in '96 - not a good year for me - same time Fitzroy were merged with Brisbane Bears and my Nan died Smiley Sad

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance