Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

💚🌷 @Zoe7 

@Faith-and-Hope @BryanaCamp @MDT @BlueBay @CheerBear @Teej @Sans911 @Snowie @eth @greenpea @Shaz51 @TAB and all following along...

I really struggled to get moving this morning but made it on time. It was a really full on day but I managed a 10 minute break at lunch time after I did the admin things I needed to finish. I actually taught a maths lesson to the 4/5 class while the normal teacher took some kids out - that was great for me to do some actual teaching. This afternoon I was switched classes so I could do some papier mache with some of the kids - that was certainly unexpected but a nice change.

We had a quick meeting after work with a lot of information thrown at us al at once. Most people seemed a little frustrated with what is happening but it is coming from a federal level so it can't be avoided - more paper work leaving most wondering when there is actual time for teaching.

On a really positive note - I have been asked to be on a Suicide Prevention panel. I can't give out any more details here but I can say it came out of a group I have been having regular meetings with and asked as a lived experience member on this panel. It really came out of nowhere but the actual panel will sit in the school holidays so I can accept the position - I am pretty stoked to be asked Smiley Very Happy

I have also cancelled all my psych appointments (2 of them) until the school holidays when I will have more time and energy to attend. I will then hold the rest of my appointments over until closer to the middle of the year and when this current appointment at the school is up - just in case I need to move schools again. I am really hoping I can be kept on at this current school but that is out of my hands.

All in all a good day again - plenty of positives and I feel okay after work. Going to try to get my planning for Thursday done tonight and then spend some time with my fur babies. Hope everyone has had a little light in their day and the evening is a good one. Smiley Very HappyHeart

well done @Zoe7 , terrific you had another good day. It sounds really statisfying for you to have done some teaching. Congratulations on your appointment in the lived expereince group, you sound really stoked which is exciting! 

I'm hoping I can get up in the morning to go to volunteering as I've been sleeping in late this week.

I would have loved to sleep in this morning but was up super early instead @BryanaCamp I did find I had more energy again when I got to work though and was kept really busy - I like busy days much more as they go quicker.

I am pretty stoked about the lived experience appointment - it was certainly not something that I even knew about so very happy to be asked. I have had a little input in meetings and got to know some of the other members - and actually would have thought that others would be put forward in front of me - so super happy I was even considered.

I really hope you can get yourself up and going tomorrow - and remember that you are doing a great job and it is okay to step away from things that cause you too much anxiety and take a break when you need to - it is not just for your benefit but also those around you. You got this Hon Smiley Very Happy

Well done with your appointment to the suicide prevention panel @Zoe7   I am sure your involvement will help many people xx

Thanks @eth Got a fair bit of extra reading to do now but it will be worth it. I am actually looking forward to it.

Helping others is so good for our self-esteem @Zoe7   

Maybe you can work a couple of reading periods into your weekly routine.  I know you are really busy already tho'.  

Hope you go ok without the psych ap'ts.  Is it psychology or psychiatry you're putting on hold?  

Psychologist putting on hold @eth Will still see my pdoc fortnightly after DBT and have my GP on the alternative fortnights so I still have plenty of support. The psychologu sessions are all in for 8.30 before DBT and I just need that time to rest in the middle of the week for now - that is more important than the psych sessions. I also need to keep what few sessions I have left on my MHCP for later when I may need them more.

I will have time in the school holidays to do the reasing before we meet for the panel but can also do a little on my Wednesdays when I feel up to it. I don't have to do quite as much for DBT now as this is my second time around with the modules so it is a little easier.

Sounds like you've got a well thought out plan @Zoe7   Good self-care there.

I think I should be able to cover what I need to read in my days off and a little on the weekend if I need to but there should be enough time in the holidays before we meet also @eth The closer to the panel I read it all the more I am likely to carry through with me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance