Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

@Former-Member i just wanted to check in on you
how are you holding up?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@ Darcy, thanks for the lovely soft pink flowers, and for checking in xox
You too @ outlander - thanks.

I'm Kinda managing here ok but signing contract to sell my house yesterday has sure raised to stress levels. Praying for strength. The Lord has sustained me thus far - reckon I can survive anything now, maybe lol, maybe 😕

Had dad @dr yesterday, after his fall the night before. I'm very impressed with his Dr - so thorough - even ordered bloods... The fall gave dad a fright so I I think he'll use his wheelie walking frame more now - especially having the Dr say he has to - though his 'memory' is his problem. He forgot his walking stick again 😞 but this time I wasn't in the room to prompt 😞 heard the thud though. This is the first fall since I've been herehere he's fallen - one grazed knee seems the only injury. I couldn't lift him off the floor but fortunately Bro4 answered his phone and was happy to dash over (5min away). Poor dad, he's so stiff these days. Shook him up.

Visited Bro3 Monday 😞 makes me sad - foil lining EVERYWHERE - no light - almost scary.. And even though I gave him $150 this last week he was broke already & hinting for more (but I have to hold back for myself). I  Did take a box of those cappoccino sachets and cheese Bacon rolls to leave with him.. He was mowing the lawn when I arrived which is good - had to ring both his phones. I'm pleased he didn't 'go on & on' about his paranoid delusions (dont tell him thatthat lol) - not at all while I was there BUT, got a tx later to say I "blew up his landline cause the neighbours must have intensified the signal when i was ringing him (using these high powered secret gov supplied lazors) and now he had to use an old phone they can hack... ... 😞  Pitty 'cause I wanted the visit to leave him feeling better 😞  My heart aches that he's so isolated and lonely.

The nurse has arrived to shower dad. He's telling her all about his fall. I left the door ajar for her as she is picky - it irritates me for the rest of the day. Changed my respite day because of her. But clinically she is very thoroughthorough I guess. Ha, have ytoo laugh at myself hiding out here on my bed listening to them. Must be that 'avoidance' personality trait they say I have...  Who cares.

Must have been hard for mum, being so sick at the end of her life last year - not being able to access the same level of services as dad's DVA provide - would have pushed all her MI buttons actually. Have I mentioned my parents were legally separated (separate roomsrooms and all) and mum has been dad's legal 'carer' for years. All engineered to help the budget I suspect 😞 But guess its good they were at least there for eachother their whole life 🙂
Op, there's dad, came all the way up to my room, called me by mums name, announced he's dressed and up and waiting for breakfast 😕  hmmhmm Betta go.

Hiya callout to @Faith-and-Hope, @Owlunar, @Appleblossom, @Adge

Hi @Former-Member

I guess it's good that you have finally sold your house - that has been going on for a long time now - did I read that you are planning to give most of the money away - that is your choice of course so I won't comment - I do wish you the best though

You do have a lot of responsibilty with your Dad but it does give you a purpose - at least this nurse is thorough - I don't know if listening outside the door is avoidance behaviour - I am sure I would do the same at home - I think it's being tactful - finding out what's happening in a subtle way - you're okay

Yes - your parents had each other all your mother's life - as my parents did - something I can't quite imagine. I am glad your brother was able to come over and help Dad when he had a fall but yeah - I would cry if I had a brother who had problems like the other brother - oh dear - some people must be so afraid of things they don't understand

Just take life one day at a time - that is all we are asked to do and the Lord will sustain you as he does all who believe and love him - you will be okay - it's looking at the future all at once that scares us.

I think of you every day - all the time really - sending more hugs etc

I hope all the hearts and letters coming out of your phone don't clutter up your room too muchI hope all the hearts and letters coming out of your phone don't clutter up your room too much

Dec

🤗💕 @Former-Member ....

Jus heading into class.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi F&H, enjoy class today. Is it EVERY day, all day? Its hard packing in the extra commitment of learning. But glad to read somewhere that you're really enjoying it. Proud of you!
@Owlunar, you are a treasure. I'm taken back that you tji k of me every day 😞 poor you lol 🙂 not really, hope u think of my good parts :). I wasn't listening outside the door, but laying in my bed. Its a small house - hear everything. I use to love listening to my parents talking softly and calm in the middle of the night. Couldn't understand the muffled words but it comforted me, I've never had that in a man.
Are you OK? Any news? Carers behaving?
Gonna make dad M/T, can I make you a cappuccino?
Care about you too Dec xox

@Faith-and-Hope @Owlunar @Former-Member Heart  Thinking of you all three.

Quiet day here. Just one filling at the dentist.  Still need to get nightguard. 

Bought vegan face cream for son's gf birthday.

Heart

@Former-Member Heart
Former-Member
Not applicable

Saw this and thought of you @Former-Member

7be1f1487e44ffa6a6463f1439b3480b--just-dance-lets-dance.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah, that's me @Former-Member, n a good day 🙂 hi @Appleblossom your day sounds standard, except the dentist 🙂 I keep putting of my overdue visit there.
I'm bushed tonight, don't know what's wrong with me -_-

your bushed tonight? @Former-Member what does that mean?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance