Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating disorder and more - need a shoulder ......

It's going to be complicated @Former-Member .... and he is a few years ahead of me in creating the financial mess / entanglements  that he has ..... impacting our kids more and more as I proceed in a no-win bind 😔, mostly out of their view and understanding ..... of course ..... 

This is where faith and hope mean so much.  Truth has a power of its own, and keeps making itself felt, no matter what we do to try to obscure it.

Keeping you in thoughts & prayers @Faith-and-Hope "Cats with glasses" by Hannah Melin"Cats with glasses" by Hannah Melin

Thank you @Former-Member @Determined 😔

Sending some big love to you @Faith-and-Hope 

❤️🙏❤️

Thank you @Eve7  ....🙏

@Faith-and-Hope💙💚💛💜

🌷 @outlander 

Hi @Teej 👋💕

Things are a pretty big mess for me at the moment, and in lockdown, but beyond calling in the cavalry there isn't much I can do from here but take the baby steps through all the legal processes while soon2bX gets told what he can and can't do, while he makes a bl%dy big mess of things all over me and our kids, who are spinning between being Switzerland and asserting their own control issues (some of them) ...... (might edit that part).

Meantime I am getting in with my studies.  I have days when I cry a lot.  My artwork is speaking a lot of things for me, although without an understanding of my personal situation it's not likely anyone can read what alll the fragmentation and fractured works are all about ...... but it's also about finding the path to healing and recovery ...... lots of recycling and repurposing in it too.

s2bX moved back into the same condensed living space as me, with his new partner and her two kids shortly after leaving ..... where they parade themselves as a perfect couple in front of my community - going to what were our favourite family places and basically trying to just supplant and overwrite me ..... I don't give much of a fig ..... it's a disgusting thing to do and they have no integrity, respect, dignity or shame ..... so what can you do with that ?

Short answer - nothing.  I have seen her once and she is what is known as a "downgrade".  Not being bit-chie here ..... I say that because she is everything he professed not to like in a woman.  Confusing much ?  Not really.  My counsellor has put her finger on NPD as the probable u derlyibg issue, and the complete switch to something opposite ticks that box, absolutely, which is all part of the behind-the-looking-glass confusion.  It's the land of backwards and upside down, but I had a few years' run up to this, so after the initial shock of the discard and the dropped mask happened, and bei given insight into what exactly NPD is, the pieces have fallen rather neatly into place, with few surprises now.  I just need to think of the worst thing he could do next, and there he is, like it's on cue !!

Interestingly, it also has all the components of the things I thought it might be, all the things I was trying to guess at along with way, so there is comfort in knowing that I was reading that right too ..... and that the pattern will continue once the love-bombing and overwriting with "new supply" either lose their novelty or effectiveness, or both.

So I am learning all about what to do as a narc-survivor and have to just hope that the kids and I can regroup properly on the other side of this tsunami.  

I am still working out what to keep hold of, and what to let go of (who to keep hold of and who to let go of too).  For the most part it will be picking up the pieces in the aftermath rather than anything more I can do than sit it out, and repeating the truth on constant replay in this storm of lies.  It's the paperwork that will reveal the true landscape, and as I have always said, once it is exposed you can't cover it back up.

D2 is with me in quarantine, so visitations and what-have-you are frozen for the moment too, which is a relief.  I don't have to see him, and I have only seen her once, out in the street, when they walked past a cafe I was in.

I get tired of caring, and that is where my studies both engage me, and numb me out of everything else.

Oh @Faith-and-Hope that sounds soo hard. Too hard. Some people are just unable to know what being human and thoughtful are. 

im sure the cycle will repeat....although possibly not until he has another waiting in the wings first 😬😡. But you will be passed your circus then and not your monkey.

i can't imagine what the kids must be experiencing. I can imagine though that there would be lots of anger from them and often they wouldn't know where to target that anger.....although I'm guessing the mum, nurturing figure is copping much of it.

im hoping paperwork is going ok and that you'll be protected. I'm also guessing that you'll have to dot all the i's and cross the t's for this. DO NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN YOU ARE WORTH AND ENTITLED TO. I can edited this too. From what I know settling to calm things down rarely works. 

im so glad your art has continued and is your safe haven. 

I know it seems like a world away but I know you'll get through this and there will be that silverlining. I also know karma will come for him. I know that life will still have mind games and power moves but you'll be able to choose which ones you don't need to a part of and which ones you know you'll play for the sake of the kids. I think you should attend NIDA after this to get your acting lessons sorted out for those games 😘. I also know that a world of new possibilities and new doors will open that have nothing to do with his monkeys or circus. They will be all for YOU!

Take good care. Let me know about editing this post. 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance