Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: I’m lonely

I’m still really struggling 😔 constant anxiety .....

I’m thinking it might be time to get a mental health plan .... but what can it really do...

It will mean going back on anti depressants, which I don’t like the thought of. And psychologists are so hard to find outside business hours ... but this constant feeling of dread is horrid 

Hi @Al1ce,

Constand anxiety can be so tiring and really hard to push through. A mental healthcare plan is super useful to get you connected to talk to someone one on one for some support and advice? If you are not wanting to take medication, it is okay to let the professional you see know that, they can then understand your feelings and opinions in the advice they offer too. You and your mental health professionals can work as a team. 

Could you talk to your GP about services outside business hours perhaps? 

Hopefully it's been helpful finding this space and some great peers to connect with. Like @Ali11 said too, helplines can be a good option to be able to talk to someone right in the thick of a tough moment. Here are some for you just to have on hand if you need!

beyondblue 1300 22 4636

SANE Australia 1800 18 7263

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

When you feel up for it - check out the introduction thread @Zoe7 mentioned so everyone can get to know you a bit more.

Hi @Al1ce 

I hope today you are feeing a bit better and you have been able to find some help or solace from somewhere.  I know the feeling of being lonely to.  I would recomend seeking help from wherever you can.  I've reached out recently and found it very helpful for my state of mind and confidence.

Wishing you well.

That's a lovely message @Gazza75 and so helpful to share your experience with support. Sending love @Al1ce Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance