Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Introduce yourself here

Hello again,

I cannot think of 3 things only one:

Colours.

Take care all.

@Donotknow.
Colours. That's a beautiful answer. Colours can say so much. How we are feeling. Depict words. Colours are powerful.
Are you an artist @Donotknow ?

@utopia 

Hi utopia,

good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well now that you are out of hospital. It is both exciting and scary when you come out of hospital but for me i most liked the freedom that i had to do and eat what i wanted to and when i wanted to. I have just moved to a beach area from a mountain area. they are very different. I like them both but i do love the water although not the sand so much. I see you have a love for aboriginal culture I remember hearing the stories about how the animals came to be according to aboriginal culture and i was and still am totaly fascinated by them. I was adopted and dont know my heritage but i would love to know.

if you would like to chat let me know. Thankyou once again for responding to my post

cricket 

@utopia

Thank you for writing to me. I notice that you have Aboriginal background which is wonderful. I have been collecting Brownie Downing prints from her family which date back to the 1950s. They are all of Aboriginal children which she had a love of, they are so beautiful and colorful also include animals. You should look them up , I get them from ebay . You mentioned you like the smell of the Eucalyptus tree , when I lost my home the things I really missed was the Jacaranda tree and the birds which would come each more for a feed. I even had a small pool and each day three ducks would come for bread , these things are so precious. I have been in hospital too and going back so I can relate to feeling unsettled and missing the safety of your own home. Glad to have met you, take care.

@Cricket. Yes would love to chat with you. How about I post your name later in The Beer Garden & we can catch up. I have a doctors appointment soon - but should be back on the forum around 6pm tonight.
P.S. I moved from the beach - suburbs - to the country. Lol

@Cricket @Donotknow. I don't have any aboriginal blood. I just have a strong connection to their culture & specifically to my area where I live. Have always had an interest, but it has grown since I found some Aboriginal Water Wells in the mountains. It's now my favorite place to sit and meditate and recharge. I can feel the energy of the place and it's ancestors when I go there.
My hospital stay was in May & June of this year. Feeling so much better now. But still working with my psychologist.

Great to have you here joining us @Cricket

Thank you for sharing with us and giving us an insight into what is happening for you at the moment.

I imagine you are a wealth of experience given you have lived with mental illness for many years and I'm hopeful that you can connect with people here on the forums to help you feel connected and less isolated. 

You might like to pop into The Beer Garden thread which is a great social area. I'm sure there will be someone new to meet there. 

Thank you @utopia you beat tme to it! But I've decided to leave my post there too. Thanks for welcoming @Cricket so warmly. 

Happy Friday.

Pebbles.

@utopia

Sorry, you will have to excuse me and my misunderstanding . I still have some problems with understanding and numerical.
Nothing , like I used to be . Hospital in July have Psychologist , just discharged from Psychiatrist and still under care of Neurologist. If I was a Horse they would have gotten rid of me by now ....my son already threatening to put me in a home if I don't stop being as they put it 'public pest'. Lol hope you understand my sense of humour , all I have left and cannot be taken 😜

hi @Donotknow i am new to the forums to and i have read all of your postings. I truely feel for you and your situation. I offer you my support and understanding as I know it of mental illness. I have lived with mental illness all my life and have had good times and bad. I know it is very hard at times and you feel like you want to give up but iknow that life can get better. It is frustrateing when they keep coming up with different diagnoses. I hope you start to feel better soon. let me know if i can help.

regards

cricket

@Donotknow. No need to appologise. My memory isn't working well at the best of times & today I got referred to a Neurologist. So maybe we are sisters. Lol

For urgent assistance, call: