Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Hi @utopia @Zoe7 @TAB @outlander @BlueBay @Razzle @Former-Member 

My daughter and son in law came up and did my garden on Friday and it looks wonderful - they filled my green bin and lots of plastic garden bags and took most of them away themselves - things had really got out of control but now I have had some help I can deal with some of it myself for a while - I am not a gardener - my daughter has green magic fingers - I have a brown elbow - we all have different gifts after all and that makes life different and interesting

I still have to go up to Telstra and deal the the NBN and get a new phone - I do not want to deal with this over the phone and I never really like going up to Westfield much - I had a dose of cystitis for a few days - felt really washed out and as women know - it hurts - I saw my doctor on Friday and got antibiotics and then slept over the weekend - I went up to vote - hardly anyone there and they had a sausage sizzle going strong - I don't really enjoy sausages much and felt totally exhausted walking about a k there and back and slept all afternoon - all night and did the same yesterday - I guess I was really tired and I feel better today - so I have been catching up here this morning and it's time I cooked myself something - 

I have read other people's posts - answered most of them - it's nearly winter peeps - Melbourne winters are not really fun but I am planning another trip

I hope everyone is as well as they can be - sending my best thoughts to so many

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Owlunar 

I'm not much of a gardener either, but I do like to try.  Certainly I'm more like you (brown elbow) than your green fingered daughter. 

Glad the antibiotics has kicked in and you've been able to sleep well over the weekend.  I took hubby and myself off to vote during the week, in order to avoid the queues, but also because hubby was out and I didnt like my chances of getting him back into town again on Saturday.  So it was done early, and like you, we waltzed right through with no waiting.  Even 3 of the local candidates came up and shook my hand and wanted to know if I had any questions.  I think that may be because I dont take the 'how to vote' cards from anyone.  I refuse to be told how to vote, and always vote the way I want and not the say some party or group want me to.  I have no time for preference deals that go on.  And I never vote above the line in the senate.  But I do follow politics fairly closely, all sides fairly, and am confident in knowing who I am going to vote for and why.  Alas there was no sausage sizzle on the day we voted!  But there again, I would not have bought one anyway ... I dont like sausages!  Though hubby does.  I would have bought some fundraising school lamingtons, but they didnt have any of those either.  Oh well, thats what you get I suppose when you go to a pre-poll voting station.

Gosh @Owlunar , you did well with all that walking ... little wonder you were pretty exhausted afterwards, especially since you had been unwell on top of your usual pain from skeletal issues.

Okay ... just a quick visit as I'm not feeling so good myself ... but wanted you to know I have read your messages.  Both here and also around the many traps you visit in your usual rounds.  Your posts are always such a pleasure to read, and always so full of sound practical advice and empathy.  Thank you so much.  Much kindness and well wishes coming your way from me.

Sherry 🌸👋💕

@Owlunar   Lucky you to have someone do your garden.  My yard is starting to get away from me, but my sciatic has started playing up so I have put the yard off until this flare up passes.  

Im glad you have been getting some decent sleep too.  Sleep has eluded me lately, but last night I slept very deeply most of the night.  Had some strange dreams, although I can’t remember them entirely today.  Here’s hoping our restful sleep continues ❤️❤️

Hi @Owlunar 
Thats so nice thst your D and SIL came to help and do the garden fir you. I bet it looks really nice and tidy now 😊
glad you got done antibiotics for cystitis. It’s nit nice. 
Good luck with Telstra.

Take it easy @Dec 

Hi friends

I am feeling okay now but I have had a rough day - it is the usual issues about this time of year - and I should not have watched Andrew Denton's interview last night - I was triggered

I was having trouble logging into the forum today - I had a lot of help from the moderators and finally this was sorted - but it could have happened on an easier today - the headache I managed to cook up for myself made it all harder

How I appreciate the help and understanding the forum members give me! - being able to open up about my son and parents and all the stuff that happened so long ago really helps

I will be in touch later

Dec

thinking of you and sending lots of hugs @Owlunar 🕊💚💚💚

here for you my second mum @Owlunar  as you are always here for me Heart

Thanks @Shaz51 and @outlander 

It's great to know you are there - I will be going to bed early tonight I think - even if I just read as I often do

Dec

sounds like a good idea @Owlunar Heart

@Shaz51 Heart

❤️ @Owlunar  You’ve helped me a lot ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance