Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

R8RS
New Contributor

New medication

I’ve just started on new medication for OCD  I was diagnosed 10 years ago and was travelling well until 6 months ago, previously I had been on different medication The new medication is making me so anxious all the time I’ve been taking it for 5 weeks. My intrusive thoughts are not there as much but I’m so anxious from the time I wake up till I go to sleep about having the thoughts. I feel as the I am worrying all the time, I worry about how I will feel ahead of time and I worry that it will be like this forever. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: New medication

@R8RS  Hi R8RS and welcome to the forums 🙂 time to go back to the doctor/psychiatrist and tell him/her what your symptoms are. 5 weeks is still early days but if in doubt I would just go and talk to your doctor. greenpea

Re: New medication

Thanks for response, yep haves booked in, I’ve been off work for 5 weeks after Quiting my last job as it very stressful with a lot of responsibilities, I’ve stated a new job today which has kept me busy but I’m away from home for a week. Hopefully keeping busy and active will help

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance