Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

SarahJane
Casual Contributor

New to the Sane Forums

Hello, 

I'm new to the forums and have not written on one before. I have BPD and am experiencing a pretty hard depression at the moment. I use DBT to help me cope. I distract myself with work, music and art. I seperated from my partner of 15 years a few months ago, I then started getting suicidal and attempted to take my life. I was behaving recklessly and selfishly. As a result my 4year old son was removed from my care. I don't have the support of my family. Living alone without my son or family is painful and lonely. I hope to connect with compassionate people who may be able to help me through this time. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: New to the Sane Forums

Just letting you know you may not see it or feel it but you're inspiring...  you are not your circumstances or how they've left you feeling.  You are comprised of so much more than this.  I too suffer from a few different things including BPD.  When searching for the light, just remember, you are the light.  I see it through your writing in your post and the fact youre so willing to be so honest and open up asking for support when you're feeling down from people unknown to you.  It is hard isn't it? I'm here for you,

Tainted08

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @SarahJane , welcome. I'm so sorry you're struggling, I hope you can find some support and you feel safe here, and that you can connect with others so it makes you feel less alone.

I don't know about partners and kids as I'm only 20, but I can't imagine how hard that must be for you. 

I hope you can seek support here and find some people you connect with who have similar experiences to you. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi to you also @Tainted08 , I didn't see your post until just then, sorry

No problem 🙂 btw how do I write my own post... new here lol

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Tainted08 you can put the @ in front of someone's username to tag them.

Or if you want to reply on someone's post, just press reply. If you @ them it will come up in their notifications.

To make your own post, have a look through the threads (such as 'Our Stories' and decide which thread your post best fits, although the mods can move it (that's not a bad thing, just so it's relating to the threads)), then just post. You should be fine.

Best of luck

Thank you for your kind words and support, I hope you are doing well 

Thanks for replying, I appreciate your concern even though my situation is different from yours. I hope you are doing well.

hello and welcome @SarahJane @Tainted08  well done for reaching out for support

please feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you like. a little forum tip it to put an @ before a members name, this way itll tag them so that memeber will recieve a notification you talking to them 

@SarahJane  im so sorry about whats happening for you. i also have BPD, experience suidical and self harm tendencies and have also had a suicide attempt as well. its very hard to try and get our bearings back esp when half the time we dont know whether we are up down left or right with BPD. 

can i ask if you have any profesisonal support at all?

@Tainted08  if you would like to create a thread for yourself, click on 'lived Experience' at the top of this page where it says 'forums' then select the most appropriate catagory ie 'our stories' 'somethings not right' then click start new discussion. hope this helps abit. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

You're welcome, I hope you're well too. You can put @ before someone's username so they get notifications, I didn't see this so I apologise @SarahJane 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance