Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

@Sophie1

Hope  and apprehension, wanting them to manage,  scared that failure will be a setback. 

Wondering how Ms S got on today @Sophie1

Hi @Former-Member 

MsS did great - her old boss needed a half day a week to be covered due to a late drop out by other worker ... this was a perfect initial commitment for Ms S ... starts later this week 🙂 

@Former-Member @outlander @Determined @Smc @Shaz51 

Ms S completed her first shift at work in over 18 months .. she was super anxious all yesterday and lucky I was home sick and could distract her ... I dropped her off at work this morning and let her walk in on her own - apparently everyone was happy to see her again and she had helped them out of a tight spot so nice that they needed her as much as she needs the job ... she is exhausted now but so proud of herself for jumping back in ... 

now to consolidate health and help her resolve her physical fitness and headache migraines so she can sustain the job ... it would be amazing if she could hold the job down all year ... 

work is such a strange thing - we spend so much time there and often I forget to be grateful that I have a full time job and am able to hold it down and have nice work mates .. seeing Ms S struggle to do 4 hrs a week brings that home to me 

So many things we take for granted @Sophie1

How are you going @Sophie1?

Hi @Former-Member  

thx for checking in - I’m exhausted at the moment as I’ve had a cold for three weeks that has left me coughing all the time - tonight doc said I have a lung infection eeeek ... he gave me antibiotics and said they should help heaps and I should feel better very soon ... so frustrating as I’ve already had two sick days week before last and I feel so guilty when I have sick days like I should be tougher or something ... I seem to get sick frequently and it bothers me 

Hope you are starting to feel a bit better @Sophie1 . 

Hi @Former-Member 

Mixed bag here - had a lovely cup of coffee together this morning and exchanged valentine day cards which was sweet 

then I had to work and she slept ..

im still coughing and chest painful from weeks of coughing 😞 ... I think antibiotics helping and some meds for inflammation helping too ... 

i tried to work today from home - got half day in then was massively fatigued amd coughing and slept all arvo 

then Ms S decided to wake up and go to Bunnings , mow lawn and prepare some craft items for our friends upcoming birthday ... but her migraine is still hanging around - she missed her acupuncture appt Tuesday as she lost the appt card - not uncommon for her sigh .... by the afternoon her migraine was worse from gardening and she is bed now since 5pm ... altho briefly got up to eat some fish and salad I cooked which was good 

now im watching a cooking show yay 

hope you feel better soon @Sophie1  HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance