Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Hi @Former-Member 

my throat infection went away a day before we left so I was very healthy for the trip which was lovely 

Tho a day after getting back I got a head cold which I’m still getting rid of now ... toilet paper 🧻 for tissues and hot drinks and strepsils all in order ! I will need to looo after myself a bit better this week to make sure I get better

My mum was a seeetheart today and came around to help me unpack from the holiday and sort thru my clothes - one big bag for op shop yay 😁 

How is your health ? 

Yikes @Sophie1  am hoping you go for extra soft toot rolls, the recycled stuff just ain't the same when one runs out of tissues. 😬. My cold went away in the usual time.

Bless Mum, I don't think we are ever too old to appreciate them. 

Was your fur baby pleased to have you home?

Hi @Former-Member yes my fur babies were thrilled .. I actually have three cats 🐱 🐱 🐱 ... they were very cuddly and happy to be home again from the Cattery ... I missed them heaps and Ms S often looked at photos of them during the holiday to keep her spirits up when feeling down - amazing how animals are so therapeutic ... I love them so much ... what kind of pets do you have ? 

We have a dog @Sophie1  she is a whippet. We had a boy too, he died last year and our girl seems to prefer being a solo pet. 

I am allergic to cats - so whilst we would not have them as pets I think their purr is one of natures wonders. 

Welcome back @Sophie1. Hope the cold passes quickly.
So most of us "landlubbers" have been suffering through heatwaves. Was the weather comfortable enough where you were cruising?

@Smc We were so lucky it ranged from wearing down jackets on top of deck when going past the Nz sounds (unfortunately missed Milford sound due to bad weather 😞

then we had warm weather up north about mid to late twenties to see Wellington and Auckland 

Hi @Smc@Former-Member@outlander@Shaz51@Determined 

unexpected update here for Ms S - her old boss asked her to come back to work part time ... MsS has been thinking about working part time but still uncertain due to her anxiety and headaches .. she said she’d go and talk to him tomorrow and that one or two days may be a good start ... so fingers crossed this is a positive and sustainable step 

the acupuncturist she saw today was hopeful he can help her and Ms S was positive that there is a good outlook for her headaches and migraines with this new acupuncture treatment 

so early days on both counts however the year appears hopeful 

Sounds promising  @Sophie1.  It could make a huge difference to her self esteem. 

@Former-Member I hope it’s not too soon ... I hope she can cope and it doesn’t make her worse ... day at a time I suppose ... as always 🙂 ... I’ll try to encourage her without increasing pressure - eeek delicate balance 

Im glad the accupuncture is working well @Sophie1 the pain for her must be pretty awful at times.
Perhaps if she takes the job she could have a chat to her boss about the reoccuring migraines and that shes currently under investigation so that if she gets a migraine he will be aware of it.
Encouraging but not pressuring sounds like a good way to go about it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance