Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taken a while to get started here

Good on you.

10 years ago, you were moving along well. Me too. I think we'll both find that again. We've been there before..

just the rattling roller coaster in between ...

I am still finding it hard to engage here. I kind want a friend I can report stuff to - not just bad but the little good things - and maybe create some accountability on the work i am trying to do to move forward.

I noticed a 2 approx 2 day cycle of up and down. I interestingly after noticing that I have had a 9 day run of "not bad" and feel some progress. Stilll looking for "fun" and "friends" but all in all better that posibly many years.

Tonight though I notice a change down, probably triggered by or contributed to by NDIS. Or just 9 days good run ending. Thoughts racing, taken to some drinking trying to control, not interested in dinner. Anxiety is high though not overly depressed - more a self esteme/failure/no future thing, and that misunderstood thing that has been with me all my life.

Something positive maybe - dramatic improvement in vision since I left relationship and now possible to prescribe glasses! The interesting happenings of an environmentally sensitive person

Hey @SadUnicorn

I'm one of the moderators. It's so good you have acknowledged it takes a while to get started on the forums. A lot of members find this, so good on you for naming it and persisting!

You mentioned you'd love to have someone to connect with on challenges or little things, here are a few threads you can check out: Challenge of the day! Thumbs up Thursday - Woohoo! and plenty of other threads on self-care and motivation here in Looking After Ourselves.  

See you round 🌻 P.S. Try putting @ in front of member usernames so people get a notification of your posts!

@SadUnicorn  The thread Daily goals, motivation and check in  might help. There are other people sharing how they are going with daily tasks and motivation.

Take care.

Thanks @Tortoiseshell  @Maggie 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance