Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@TheVorticon  I’m glad things are reasonably good with you at the moment, it certainly helps. 😊

💖👋 @Maggie …..

@Faith-and-Hope 💕💕

💕 @outlander …..

So good to hear from you @Maggie ♥  

Great to hear you have moved to a safe place.  But really sad to hear of the loss of your dear little furry companion. I also lost my little Holly in Feb last year.  I miss her every day. Coming so soon after my husbands death I suppose made it especially hard.  So I understand your loss. I am yet to find a new doggy companion,  but am finally in a position to look as I have recently moved into my own home again after having rented for 11 months while downsizing. 

Anyway its good to see you around again,  I was concerned for you when you disappeared. 

Emelia

Hi there @Emelia8 . Good to hear from you also, but not so good is your very sad loss. Both your husband and furbaby within a short time , is extremely difficult. I’m so sorry. Then a move, wow, that has to have been stressful, to say the least.

A new home for you too. I hope it’s everything you want and need. Try not to take too long to find a furry companion. Never a replacement, but a welcome gift. They know how to love us, and teach us how to love back, well, for me anyway.

Thankyou for replying. Things got way too difficult when I disappeared, sometimes it’s all you can do.

Take care of yourself.💕

Thanks for your reply @Maggie  ♥  and yes I agree with all that you said.  Of course you cant replace your lost furbabies. 💞 You just create an extra place in your heart to fit another.  

Yes selling my home,  renting for a time,  searching for a new home to buy and of course the moves - very stressful.  Add in 3 major spinal surgeries in city hospital during that time,  its been tough.  All up,  I spent a total of just short of 4 months in hospital last year. 

But after 8 months of recovery and ongoing rehab,  I am finally doing well. And back in my own home again,  its definitely time for a furbaby to share my life with.

With your new home,  do you have nice neighbours?  Keep to themselves,  but there if needed?  Do you have good areas where your doggie can walk you?  😂

Emelia 

@Emelia8 . Oh, I’m lost for words. 3 major spinal surgeries and recovery, as well as so much loss. Oh my goodness. I’m sooo pleased to hear you are doing well after that massive journey. Sending 💕

Looking forward to news of a furbaby when you are ready to welcome one.

Yes, I have some lovely neighbours. We are there for each other in a non intrusive way. I had Christmas lunch next door with 6 others last year, a change from spending so many alone. And being next door, I can leave whenever I’m ready. Plus……….I have a view. 😀😀 I’m on a hill, so I can see the city.

There is a park 10 minutes walk from my flat, so we head there every weekend. The other days we walk around blocks. I try to go early, as my boy is a bit feisty on the lead. He acts like a German shepherd, but looks like a stuffed toy.😂 He has issues from his past, abuse I’m guessing. Doesn’t like men at all. But he’s a beautiful gentle boy at home.

How is the unpacking going? My books are in need of sorting still, but no hurry.

I hope today is a good one for you. Take care.💕

Thanks @Maggie 💞

Yes its been difficult ... but things are definitely looking up now ... mentally, physically and emotionally.

Your new home sounds great, just what was needed.  I am really happy for you.  And as for your little warrior doggie ... well he sounds pretty perfect too, in his own way. Wouldn't have them any other way.

I moved into my new home about 6 weeks ago now, and all settled.  Everything unpacked.  I had a major major culling exercise prior to moving back in August last year.  I got rid of so much 'stuff'' then.  I had to really, needing to move into a small unit and rent a storage unit while I looked for a suitable house to buy.  But I have downsized from a large 4 bedroom 2 living area home on 3 acres out of town, to a 3 bedroom home on 1/4 acre in town.  It was hard sorting through so much of hubbies stuff, but it had to be done.  And both of us were avid readers and we had so many bookshelves full of books.  I gave / donated many car boot loads to the local Lions Club to sell at their monthly book fairs.  What I have kept is manageable and down to only 1 large bookcase.  So in answer to your question - my unpacking is done and dusted!  And so glad to have it all done. 

I have a nice view of distant hills from my new home too, and about a 500 meter walk to the local river.  And lots of really nice walking places in between.  Where I am is almost rural I guess, but still in town.  When I find my next doggy, we will have lots of places to walk.  And my street is a 'crescent', not a thoroughfare and is nice and quiet, so that's a positive too.  Definitely something I was looking for when I was trying to buy.  And a nice secure back yard for a dog.  I even have doggy doors already installed for a small to medium sized dog. I just need to find a dog.

I gotta go.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance