Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Hi @Maggie 

It's great you are able to give a "tiny" bit of comfort to your elderly neighbour - and if chatting is hard work for you then -  possibly - probably - in the universe of strange and wonderful things it is a great amount of comfort

But you say you can rave on here depending on the subject - or maybe feel easier with small talk - chatting - what are you interested in

Possibly you have said so in the forum but I don't read everything anyone writes - 

I have a small collection of sea-worn broken glass I collected from the beach when I lived near enough to walk every day - I have never thought about what to do with it - it's something I really love and some pieces are lovely

I think the collections of small things we gather are important to us in many private and special ways - that china must be something like that to you

Dec

@CheerBear @Former-Member @outlander @Owlunar 

Heart

@Maggie 

Heart

Hope you figure out the a/con for next heat wave.

Smiley Happy

Glad you have some company.  It is always draining moving house, so maybe lots of recovery time.  Its not just the physical effort.  I have not been bouncing out of bed but very slow to get going.  For me it is the same house but changing circs with my son moving out.

Heart

I have lost my reserve on this forum too, and that is really unusual and special for me.  It must be the good people.

Smiley Happy

Morning everyone

Dropping off β˜•. Thinking of you and wondering how your yesterday was @Maggie. No pressure to reply though ❀

Hope the weekend starts OK or better for all.

@CheerBear  Good morning. πŸ’œβ˜•οΈπŸ’œβ˜•οΈπŸ’œβ˜•οΈ I’m wondering if you might have some time over the weekend for some games???? I hope so, as it gives you heaps of enjoyment, and a bit of a break.

I hope you extra gig went well yesterday. A break from the house and motherhood, just for awhile.

I took a migraine med yesterday, and lay still till mid day. It eased, so the rest of the day was ok ish. My 90 yr old visitor didn’t turn up, so I rang in case something had happened. She had forgot and was soooo sorry. We will arrange another time next week

My counsellor and I had a quiet time together. Coffee and chocolate to celebrate the new flat. 

I hope your morning is ok. Not sure if it’s second home or not. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

@Owlunar  Yes, in the world of strang and wonderful things, chatting can be dreadfully difficult. Small talk is my very very worst of all talk. After how are you, and nice day, big silence and heading for the hills if possible.

I’m hoping to do some mosaic craft with my China pieces. I’m only at The collecting stage so far. It’s on my β€˜ to do’ list.

I have just moved into a new flat, so for now, it’s unpacking and catching my breath.

So nice to read your posts around the forums @Owlunar. You are a treasure. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No notifications here for me.

Nice to see you @Maggie 😊

Glad the head pain eased. Sounds like it was pretty bad in the morning πŸ™ I've only had one migraine (I think it was a migraine) and it was awful. Im guessing stress and crash might have factored in to that for you yesterday.

Coffee and chocolate quiet time sounds super 😊

Second home all weekend this weekend. It's a big birthday for unwell person. About 15 extra of the closest people here to be with them for it. I'm feeling a bit (a bit more than a bit) sad, as I think a few are. Enough laughs to help break the sad though.

Extra gig was great thanks πŸ™‚

How's today looking in your world?

@Appleblossom  I think change of any kind can knock the wind out of our sails. That’s a huge change for you with son moving out.

Yes, slow and not so steady, but will get there ........ eventually........ there’s no other way, and no one else to do it anyway.

The flat is great though, and will eventually become home, my forever home. I can put some roots down at last. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

@Former-Member  Good morning to you. πŸ’œβ˜•οΈ. I hope the fire situation has eased, plus the smoke etc. looks awful on tv. I don’t know how people will recover from this, it’s just so huge and devastating.

Lots of these πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ hoping you are ok.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @CheerBear @Maggie  πŸ˜€β˜•β˜•

No notifications here either. .. neither bell nor emails. I was here at 5am, and nothing. So went looking, and found you. πŸ’œ

Sherry

No notifications her either @CheerBear . I kept pushing refresh. I just saw your first post this morning, after I had posted mine.

Big Birthday for unwell person, yes I can feel the sad there, and yes, many will be thinking sad right along with you. I hope the laughs will be many and memorable. Every moment is precious. 

I’m glad gig was good. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Kind of friend is coming over this morning, and we are putting some shade cloth on the outside gate. More private. Also a coles delivery. Some food in the flat.πŸ₯¬πŸ“πŸŒΆπŸŒ½πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance