Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@CheerBear  I hope the Catt meeting went as good as could be expected yesterday. I’m thinking (maybe ) it was hard. Sending ️ And 🖤🖤🖤🖤. 👂👂👂👂listening, if you would like to talk. Sitting with you if it’s all you can ( want ) to do right now.

Hi @BlueBay @eth @Former-Member @outlander @Gazza75 @Owlunar  💛💛💛💛

💜💜 @Former-Member  Thinking of you.

Morning @Maggie and all. Yesterday was a hard day but the meeting itself went as well as those things go. They weren't helpful at all last night though which felt like a huge blow. I struggle with the unpredictable and unknown of them and it. Lights out last night and some sleep has helped today.

Thank you for caring and for listening.

How are you going and how was your yesterday, if you feel like sharing.

Not sure if the unpredictable is dependent on who’s on at the time @CheerBear . Even in that area, some get it, some don’t, or, don’t want to. Back to the power thing in ways, just my thoughts there though.

Lights out and sleep sounds ok ish. It’s doing everything you can to get through. No matter how small or large. It’s a tightrope situation, every second counts.

I think I used up my reserves yesterday with kind of friend. Shuffling masks and hiding behind them is hard. It’s a bit like you and sib in a different kind of way. I don’t like talking negatively about her, but I’m very much her support, and get ignored if I say anything.

I need a rick today.

Rock @CheerBear 🤯🤯

@Former-Member  👋👋👋👋👋💙💙💙💙💙

Yeah it really depends on who is on at the time @Maggie. They're trying to work out a way to get me on one person's list but that hasn't happened yet. Psych called me late last night and will advocate loudly this morning. He's a senior catt clinician in a different team/area so he knows the way this works well, what that can and can't do, and they will hopefully listen to him. I'm going to go in to speak with my supervisor this morning, hoping and trusting that it will be OK. For all the bananas, there's still a big part of me that's not bananas. Just tired. Really tired.

I hear you with not wanting to talk badly of people but having a big flip side that isn't seen yet pulls at you from inside. I'm sorry things are like that with her. When you're running low/empty it can hurt and take a lot support but be ignored.

Yesterday I spent some time thinking (never a good thing haha) about what is behind that. I think for me it's a bit "too hard basket", maybe some taking me at face value, maybe some "you'll be right". I wonder if there are elements of that for you in this relationship with her. Either way, it really sucks to have important relationships lose a give and take that feels and is OK.

I kind of liked hearing you needed a 'rick' today @Maggie. I went on a Google images adventure to find you a rick and all kinds of funny things came up haha 😁😊❤ Keyboard gremlins make the forum even more interesting. I need a rock (and maybe a rick) too and would happily bring you one and sit there under it for a bit if I could 🖤

@Former-Member hope it went well enough for you yesterday. Wishing brekkie was on us for you again today.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks  @CheerBear @Maggie  💕

Tired after long drive yday. Trying to adjust to wintery weathrr here, only top of 10C yday. Warming up from today tho. Limited and intermittant internet here. Good to see my Dad.

It sounds like a rick might be better than a rock then @CheerBear  🤣😂🤣😂

Sounds tricky, but your psych sounds like he ( has got this ) I hope so. Any talk of respite or when it might be happening? I know the crew are a big construction, and retraumatizing is being avoided, so it’s all super tricky. Just hope it happens soon.

I’ve had all kinds of reactions with kind of friend, the thing is, it’s not all, or always bad. There are things in the relationship that are ok. I’m learning, not always a good thing ). I expected that people had empathy having gone through struggles of their own. But it’s not the case. I’m struggling with that, with heaps of questions like....Why, or how.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance