Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Former-Member  I can imagine how good it is to see your dad. You sound close to him. πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

Yes, a long drive yday. You must feel beyond exhaustion, that’s a really tough place to be, but having to continue on.

Take care where you can. πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ

Construction was supposed to be consideration  @CheerBear. I hope it didn’t send you on another search. I’m confused as at this end. Spell check changed the whole conversation. 😫πŸ₯΄πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‚πŸ€―

That's a big change in weather for you @Former-Member. Heater, beanie, jacket weather here where I am. It messes with you when the weather is all over the place. Long drive wouldn't help either. Big hugs for your tired too ❀

Maybe I'll spend some time today hunting for a rick @Maggie. I'm always up for new things haha πŸ˜†

It's all ultra tricky with a break. Last night psych said something needs to happen within 24-48 hours unless magic happens. I know what's going on in my head when it gets bad is not something I truly want to do. I know it's tiredness attacking me, that I've been fighting it well for a while but it isn't sustainable, and that even a small step back from it will make the world of difference. I know permanent solutions to temporary problems are tempting but not what I really want and I know that is flags waving big and red and that it's time to act to stop any snap moment. That's a very hard hitting realisation and yuck to sit with but sensible and growth perhaps.

I imagine there are plenty of things in the relationship with kind of friend that are OK. You're not silly Maggie and there's a reason you continue the friendship despite the tricky. Those reasons matter, even if they're complicated. I don't get how some don't seem to have empathy either. I jumble myself up wondering why people do (or don't do) what they do (or don't) often. People can be so confusing and relationships can be so tricky.

Those keyboard gremlins πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜‰ I'm never going to mind piecing it together or having it send me on a hunt. I can read gremlin well πŸ™‚

I better get up and moving. I feel human enough this morning. Super bananas given last night that was not the case. I think that's hope that rest can and will help though, if one decent sleep can turn things around a bit (for now at least).

Sending mega πŸ–€β€β€

@CheerBear  I hear, loud and clear,  how tricky things are with the crew and your own needs. And yes, even a small step back is helpful. I just wish there was a solution that was helpful on a regular basis, not just when the crash happens, or is about to happen.

It’s something society, as a whole, needs to be looking at now. So many solo parents are carrying loads they should never have to carry. Then add to that family stuff. People are expected to be super human, but we’re not made that way. We break.

I’m really hoping this respite happens for you sooner rather than later. Big feels there. πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

Big yes to people and relationships being confusing and tricky. I’ll never get the hang of the human race....never.

Go gently today @CheerBear . Mega πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

Good morning @Maggie @CheerBear @Former-Member @BlueBay @outlander  hope today goes better for all of you.  I have another driving lesson this morning and then a busy day including water tai chi and live reading at the art gallery.  With a buddy shift with a new support worker in the middle of all that.  So I won't be around much today.

Love the dots @Maggie   quite beautiful.

LOL re rick @Maggie and @CheerBear   maybe what you're looking for is a 

Image result for rickshaw pictures

rickshaw!!

@CheerBear  I really hope you get some good news and a plan that works so you can have your much-needed break.  Good to hear your psych is going in to bat for you.

Thinking of you all.  Take care, I care xx

I teared up reading that @Maggie, thanks. We're told we aren't super human but the expectation is to be. We're told we have to look after ourselves first but how does that work in a practical sense when there's no-one else to look after them. One giant "how" sits with me all the time.

Supporting parents who fall in gaps is a big, important one to me. One day I want to change the world and that's part of it. There has to be something out there to help. Break before we break - it's not rocket science.

I'll never get the human race either @Maggie, but I know there are some pretty amazing human people out there, like ones who sit with coffee and tiny dogs in little gardens in the storm making the world a bit brighter ❀

@eth busy day for you today. I hope it goes well. My NDIS plan came back yesterday. 4-5 times the therapeutic support funding than I had. It will be very helpful once this has passed. Just wanted to let you know.

β˜•β€

Hi @eth @Thsnks for tagging me. 
I hope you have a nice day ❀️

That's fabulous news re your plan @CheerBear .  Might take a while to sink in.  I think the therapy part of funding is pretty much the most important part.  Mine was reduced slightly for my second plan and then the MH OT assessment for driving ate into it, but I still have quite a bit, certainly much more than I could do with the MHCP (which I also still use).

Will be thinking of you today and sending hope your way xoxo

Update while I'm able to type, to anyone interested.

I had a terrible and scary night last night, a good day today (i even managed to get to my gig, be open with my supervisor, and do well at my work) and then ended up walking in to hospital voluntarily tonight (with a ? mark around exacly how voluntary it was given it would have been involuntarily if I hadn't). I worked with the same CATT person from the assessment yesterday who met me at the ward and helped be a familiar face for intake. Bypassed emergency and straight into a room on my own with knock out meds waiting. Had an awesome psych nurse and psychiatrist do my intake assessment. All three telling me in a way I believed, that this took courage and insight and was the best thing to do. I feel safe and feel relieved. They know I just need rest, maybe a med review, and to look at the supports I have in place and where we can make that stronger. I can do this here, get stronger again and be back to facing the world head on like I do.

When the call came I had an hour to pack, get to the shops for kid stuff and tell the kids. It was super hard but sibling was so helpful. School will help sibling and the kids, my friend will help them all, and my parents know and sent me a "we love you and care" message. I told the kids I wanted them to know that it's OK to have limits and important to reach out and that I'll always understand and support them to do that. And that I'll be back, bigger and stronger very soon. That's what they can take from this. After initial tears they were very OK and even helped run around packing my stuff. I left them with one having my dressing gown, one with my fluffy blanket and one with my unicorn which they loved. They'll be very OK and we'll supported.

I then caught an uber and the driver was a school dad (of course :face_with_rolling_eyes:). Probs one of the most super awkward moments when he asked who I was visiting and told him I was being dropped off at acute psych unit. We laughed which I liked.

Also got the loveliest message from psych telling me this was huge for me and he was proud.

I feel shocked I did this as this was never ever happening again, but so flipping relieved. I'll sleep safely and well tonight, particularly given I was prescribed multiple times the dose of med I usually take πŸ˜‰. I can barely stand so I think I'm doing incredibly well to type, but will say good night, sending my mega love and my biggest thanks for the understanding and care.

@Maggie, @eth, @outlander, @Teej, @Shaz51, @Gazza75, @TheVorticon and anyone interested β€πŸ‘‹

so much love to you @CheerBear πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„

@Maggie @eth @Former-Member πŸ‘‹β˜•πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance