Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Yes @Appleblossom  and others

It is very smoke and hazy in Melbourne today - strong NW wind with a change approaching

And I have done it - I have successfully posted a picture from my new phone - I feel rather pleased with myself and the new phone

Dec

This hasn't been adjusted - it really is this hazy in Bayside MelbourneThis hasn't been adjusted - it really is this hazy in Bayside Melbourne

Just watched it get a bit above 40 here. The wind is incredible. I seriously regretted my choice of shortish dress while crossing a busy road this morning (looked cool with my boots though) 😆 Bananas weather day today! Hope you're staying cool enough @Owlunar and @Appleblossom and anyone in the heat.

@Owlunar thumbs up to you for posting an image from your new phone! 👍👍

How's your cave today @Maggie? Is the air con working? Sprinkler perhaps 😉?

🌧🌩☃️🍦

Hi @CheerBear 

We hit 40C Bayside too - a cold front has just passed through - I was okay inside but outside it was scorching

A shortish dress in that gale - that was bold - I wear shorts in hot weather 

And right now I can hear sirens - when I woke up around 7.00 this morning I could smell smoke and the wind was blowing long powerful gusts from the north west - such weather can make me feel uneasy - but I'm okay now the wind has changed

Dec

@CheerBear  29 here. Lying on the bed surfing mosaic lovelies and planning. 😍😍 No air con, a bit scared of it atm, but I’ll brave up. 

A scottich skirt and wind @CheerBear . I remember a similar situation, without the boots though. 😂😂Eyes would have been on the boots no doubts there.👍👍👍

A  bit above 40 messes with my head. Can’t imagine that kind of heat. I hope your app went ok. Definitely sprinkler weather. 🍦🍦🍉🍉💜💜💜

@Owlunar  Well done on the first phone pic 👍👍👍 I think tassie is the place to be with wind smoke and uncertainty. No complaints from here.💛💛💛

@Appleblossom  No gardening today then. From the pics on tv, the country is on fire. I can’t imagine the heat of the day,  plus the heat from the fires. Let alone smoke, breathing, and all the things we take for granted. Stay safe. 💙💙💙

@CheerBear  ️ Is it today you have another gig? If so, I hope it goes well and better than well. 💜💜

I hope you didn’t have three in the bed plus kitty again if the night continued on from the day temps.

Still struggling to get going here, but can’t blame the heat.

45248F3C-E935-42D6-9DF4-65FC9CE2EC87.jpeg

Hi @Owlunar @Appleblossom @Former-Member @outlander @Gazza75 @eth  and anyone reading.

Morning @Maggie and hi all 😊

Yep, extra shift today which I'm looking forward to 🙂

Loved hearing about surfing mosaics and planning! Do you have something in mind to make?

We hit 42 here yesterday but the cool change dropped it dramatically. 15° at around 10 last night. Much better sleep in the house because of it.

How's today looking for you?

@CheerBear  Good one, for both the gig, temp drop, but most importantly sleep. 👍👍

I would like to do flat numbers in mosaic for starters @CheerBear , and then some. I need motivation, that’s lacking here atm.

I see my counsellor this afternoon. A quick visit from a resident from other flats. She’s 90 and wants to “ get out”. I’m just offering a tiny bit of support. Not easy at that age, but she deserves a place where she has some peace of mind.

Sleep helps for sure @Maggie 🙂

Have you done much mosaic before? Looks like fun and there are so many beautiful pieces out there.

Counsellor sounds good today (just because counsellor always sounds good haha). 90 year old visitor ❤ Have you had any other visitors there this week?

@CheerBear  No, never done any, but always wanted to. Collecting old china and bits and pieces atm. It’s a rainy day project. 😁😁

Kind of friend is my only visitor this week so far. I don’t do visits at all. Chatting isn’t relaxing for me, more like hard work irl. Yet I rave on here. I guess it depends on conversation etc.

My head is pounding, so might turn off iPad.

Hope your day goes really well. Lots of these 💛💙💛💙 and these

Hope the pounding head eases up soon @Maggie. That doesn't sound good. You're a good person to be offering that support to your visitor today. I hope it's OK for you too.

Thanks for the Always nice to start the day with 💗
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance