Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Catt are being so good @Maggie. They're listening and trying to make this not scary and helpful. Today might be a bit different. These assessments are a bit nuts. Small room, treated like we're a danger, a few people in front of the door, lots of questions... it's been very ugly for me before. They told me they'd try and put me on a social worker's case list who I've worked well with before though, rather than the catt roster list which usually means whoever gets to it calls (inconsistent, lots of repeating, not a lot of understanding etc). This assessment is one the yuck parts but it will pass.

I didn't know you were vego, though now I think about it I'm not surprised. A few here including me, are too. That tiredness could be iron also as you said. There's a point I think we realise there could be phsyical playing in to the emotional and mental also. I understand what that point feels like and it's full on. I'm sorry you're there 🙁💜

Coffee is going down OK. I'm weird feeling. Hyperaroused is my usual and this is total opposite at the moment. Tired and flat.

How's today looking for you?

@CheerBear  Or it could be relief. 💜💜 

I’ve had so many of those assessments. I now go straight past GO and into HDU. I hate that.

I’ve had many times waiting for assessment person, sometimes way past midnight.

I’m hoping to get the social worker you’ve had before. Not an easy day ahead of you. 🖤💙💛

Remember to reach into your pocket @CheerBear . There will always be one of us there, or more, cheering you on as best we can. It might not feel like it atm, but you’ve got this. Today will pass. Tomorrow rest and care. At last, time for you. 💜💜💜

I hate that for you too @Maggie 🙁

I don't think anything will happen today. The catt person I've been talking to knows this will take coordination and support with the little crew if it is to be helpful and not reraumatising for all of us and is advocacting for that. She said it's hard given I am the one who holds it together and that is both very helpful but unhelpful too. Super tricky, super sucky situation

Thanks so much for being you and being here Maggie. I've had the forum in my pocket for this before and it's helpful. I really appreciate it.

I better head off and out. Dropping the kids off then heading straight in to the office (which I used to call the catt den so maybe I'm growing up a bit). Shudder but doing it anyway.

Big, big 🖤 and big, big appreciation.

Thinking of you and sending all my love, strength and clarity to you @CheerBear   You may be there by now.  So so so hoping it all unfolds in a healthy and safe way and is not retraumatising for you and your children.  And that you get the social worker you know involved in a timely way.  One thing I do know is how much better it is to go in voluntarily and you are managing that side of things really well.  Great that you've had some good communication with the CATT team before going.   You have solid support here and I also hope you are able to keep your phone so you can keep receiving our messages of care.  Hang in there lovely, you will get through this too.  You show time and time again how resilient you can be and hopefully this respite from caring for everyone else will restore that in you.  You absolutely need some time to have your own needs met as a priority - so that you can stabilise, rest and recuperate.  Lots and lots of love xoxo

Hi @Maggie   I've been vego for decades now and also studied nutrition way back when.   You might want to get your B12 levels checked also.  And maybe you know already, but good vitamin C intake is needed to absorb maximum iron from food sources.  

Good idea to have a physical check-up to exclude other possible causes of your exhaustion.  It will be a chance for you to tell your doctor how you are feeling too and they might have some other suggestions.

But any major life change, like moving home, can also leave us wiped out once it's been faced and dealt with.  Hope you are remembering to do gentle self-care activities.

@Former-Member   I really hope your trip goes well and has some highlights in it.  

Hi to you too @outlander   Wondering how you're doing lately xoxo

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. Car packed, hubby medicated and fed, Holly ready to drop off .. hitting the road. 😀 Talk at the other end of the day. Hope to get there a bit after 4pm, all going well.

Thinking of you all @CheerBear @Maggie @eth @BlueBay @outlander 

Sherry 💗

Thanks @eth , the exhaustion is at the ‘ beyond ‘ stage. Though I don’t sleep, I do know how to rest. I’ve done that and no change. So looking at obvious ‘ others’ now. I have a history of anemia, so it’s looking very likely atm. I have hypo thyroid, so the brittle nails I’ve been putting down to that, but the picture is getting a bit clearer now. Looks like a Dr visit sometime soon.

Hope you are doing some gentle self care yourself. 💙💙💙

@CheerBear  You are very much in my thoughts today. Sending 💜💜💜

@Former-Member  Safe travelling. We are all sending 💙💙💙💙 and hoping for some R&R for you this week. You will miss your girl. 🐶🐶

@outlander  👋👋👋💛💛

Yes @Maggie  the last week or so I've been good about the gentle pastimes.  Really had to after a full-on few weeks with life coming at me fast.   Colouring and writing and sitting in the garden.  Have just typed up a poem I've written over the last few days that I will read at the live reading at the art gallery tomorrow held by the local writers centre (of which I am a member).  It's nerve wracking reading my own work to an audience, but a great feeling after I do it.  And one time I won a prize which was so good for my self esteem and confidence.

What form does it take for you?

I write songs, or poetry kind of things too @eth  I’ve Had a song sung by a professional of mine, music as well. That was a huge feel for me. I’ve also had a poem read in public. Huge for self esteem, even if it’s uncomfortable and awkward with your own stuff.

At the moment i’m Doing dotting, but will to give most reasonable things a go.

This was my last. Though I mainly do stones.

B984FE5F-6E1F-4872-A04A-E0B37589AB7D.jpeg

Safe travels and take care @Former-Member 

@I'll miss you 😘 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance