Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

chemonro
Senior Contributor

Trouble at Work

I fell asleep after Christmas lunch and woke up from this wild vivid dream. I think it was triggered by stress from an ordinary probation review meeting I had at work. In the dream I was working driving busses and I'd been just randomly taking out bus and driving random route after route instead of the one I was assigned. My supervisor drove after me and stopped me and confronted me about it and only then did I realise I'd been doing it from SHEER HYPOMANIC JOY! Let's drive busses! YAY!!

The supervisor ended up being sympathetic and understanding and telling me to say I'd just forgotten to change the indicator board...  It seemed like a scene from a movie.

Anyway, hypomanic joy and enthusiasm is JUST ONE of the ways I can get in trouble at work. 😉 What are some of the ways you've gotten in trouble at work, and how did it turn out?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Trouble at Work

How do you recognise the difference between joy and hypomanic joy @chemonro?
I think it is appropriate to keep joy in your work practice as it can be a form of loving enthusiasm which can sometimes be infectious and can lift other people's spirits. I suppose it is about moderating your joyous nature, so that it doesn't bounce into hypomanic?
On the other hand, sometimes I have vivid dreams if I sleep during the day and especially if I have eaten lots of cheese..sort of a daymare...
Wishing you peaceful naps if you're on holidays..

Re: Trouble at Work

Great dream Chemonro,

You creative drive is triggered hey.

I went to work and this wonderful beautiful elderly lady's daughter had suddenly passed away and she was in so much shock, but she wanted to change her will immediately and I witnessed it. Well, Another carer dobbed me in for witnessing it and I was called and got into trouble.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance