Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Make sure you are taking time to care for you too @Shaz51 ..... you matter too ❤️

thank you @Faith-and-Hope , feeling sooo tired now HeartHeart

will need too , soon i am thinkung xx

Dear @Shaz51 

Wishing you the deepest most restful sleep.  So much going on.

Heart

Hi @Shaz51 

As @Faith-and-Hope  says - please take time for yourself - you matter too - and it's amazing how much you are doing when your health is not good either - actually it bothers me a lot

And I hope all these other people buzzing in and out - are helping a bit - it's really too much for one person

I am glad your mother is having transitional care but why does she not qualify for more? I get 5 core hours a week of domestic and shopping - why not your mother

Is this because she resists having this kind of care - I think it is - this is so hard for you - I wouldn't expect this from my daughter - does your mother understand that your health is a problem too?

I'm sorry - this is your second Mum being really protective of you - and rather bothered about all the extra hangers-on right now - people need some rest and peace of quiet after hospital and your mother had a huge operation

I'm sending Super-Hugs today - one for you of course

Dec

superhug.jpg

@Owlunar, your "second Mum" contributions make me smile. You're a sweetie. 🙂

yes  @Smc  ,    @Owlunar , my second mum is a sweetie Smiley Very Happy Heart

Mum does qualify for more, but she thinks and will do things herself , very indepenent , strong lady is my mum

we have in place from today a physio, a OT lady , Meals on wheels , equipment aids around the house for her

I reassurred mum yesterday that things will settle down soon , might seem a bit crazy at the moment , but it will fall into place

I have a gardener for mum now Smiley Very Happy

got my cousin to bring in mum`s mail each day for me too

and mum`s sister ( aunty ) is my backup and she goes to see her everyday xx

Hello @Appleblossom , @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member 

mr shaz has a MI appt this afternoon and his should is very slowly recovering

raining up here from the cyclone , soo work has slowed down a lot until the sun comes back again

More rain for you @Shaz51, and still not enough of it getting down here. The ground here is dry as dust, even the beds I'm watering dry out too easily.

So it sounds like there's a bit more of an informal support network around your Mum now? Maybe between all of you, you might manage to gently talk your Mum into accepting more outside help.

The thing which helped my Mum accept that she needed to be looked after (at aged care home level) was one of the social workers putting the positive spin on it, that when she was being cared for and not so pressured as she was when trying to do it all herself, who she "is" had the "chance to shine". Maybe understanding that "who we are" is as much a valuable contribution as "what we do" is a key point. For all of us.

@Smc 

Heart

@Shaz51  Its great that you have managed to work out what your mum needs and put it in place.  You have been busy, and yes there are lots of decisions to be made.  I hope it is sufficient to give your mum a new lease on life for a while.

Heart

very good point @Smc 

@Appleblossom, @Owlunar , @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member 

mum had a fall today and bump her head , so they are keeping her in hospital overnight

awwwwwww

@Former-Member, @outlander , @thecolourblue Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance