Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

feeling burnt out ,wound up,but still needing to focus on the Journey

feeling burnt out and tense ,am still on the journey but just doing pretty average at the moment, like how can you be feeling tense emotionally yet physically lacking energy,like my brain is in overdrive but its like my brains fried from stress and tension ,i guess all I can do is rest this afternoon ,possibly music or mindfullness again,but I cant seem to unwind properly these days even if im sitting still my brains in full blast mode of thinking thats all ill check in if need to talk again definetly need to talk a bit to someone thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: feeling burnt out ,wound up,but still needing to focus on the Journey

Hey @LostAngel ,

I'm hearing you. As I read all your posts, I'm wondering if there is something we, as an organisation, can do to support you better?

Have you participated in our Guided Service? This supports you over a 14 week period with both 1:1 and group sessions. It is a free service, and eligibility depends on your postcode.

@LostAngel i know the feeling, i have experienced that.  whenever I get a flare up i watch asmr videos.  luckily most of the time they calm me down. I also have a meditation CD i bought in 2014 which always works to help calm me.  i hope you can find some relief soon.  Sending warmth and blessings.

Hey @LostAngel I'm sorry you are having such a rough time! I've definitely felt something similar regarding the brain just going full blast, thinking and thinking but getting nowhere. Worn out just from emotion maybe? At one stage I flipped all the thoughts into a language I didn't understand, like a radio just playing Spanish in my head. OK I might have been desperate.

It might be cliche but can you get out in nature at all? Even to a park or something, just somewhere out in the sun where you can see some birds doing their thing. I hope things settle down for you.

Hi @LostAngel

I understand this feeling as well. It's a terrible feeling.

We sometimes aren't kind enough to ourselves.

I literally am taking day by day atm.

I hope you're feeling better today and give yourself a big hug 🫂

Here if you need to get anything else out.

Hi @LostAngel 

Thank you for your post, it certainly resonated with me.  We often think that we are the only ones going through this kind of think, but you are not alone.

One thing that works for me is music, I have a CD entitled ERA and the music on there is both soothing and uplifting at the same time.  I stick it one and go for a walk, and then I am in my own little world.

Hope you find peace and something to calm that brain of yours.

Big wrap around hugs to ye

@LostAngel  How are you? Is everything fine?  We all goes on ups and down. Don't you think its like a sign that we get to know that we are living. Think if everything goes perfectly we may we just floating in journey. Everything happen for reason. Try to give time for that to solve. Relax yourself. Don't focus on everything that hurts you. Whatever gone is gone. get ready for the up comings. Make it not to hurt you anymore. If you are emotionally down , You will be physically down too. So let not your emotional feelings to win over you and make you down.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance