Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

@Shaz51 @MDT @Owlunar @Former-Member @Maggie @Gazza75 @Molliex and others 

Yesterday was a very exhausting day. From falling to sleep at midday fir a while m, then again at 4 and crashing again after tea. Maybe I need a blood test to check my iron. 
I woke up at 6am still not refreshed. 
ive got my walking clothes on so I should go out. It's not smoky tiday. 

so yesterday - when I saw my exercise guy he was and still is supportive. He wants me to go to do a gym program. We then just talked about my walking, hip pain, my mentsl health. He wants to keep seeing me just fir chats and touch base in exercises. 
I then had a Chiro appt. he decided to do Accupuncture on my hip. It was a little sore but ok. He left them in there fir a good 10 mins. 
last night it was sore. Seeing him again in two weeks. I did have two ribs out and pelvis out  which didn't my hip. 

I better go fir my walk. If I don't go now I won't go and I'll go back to bed. 

I hope everyone is ok. I'm sorry I don't reply to each post. I'm struggling Whst to say to others on here. I don't feel confident to reply like others do. I read others replies and think wow they're writing and what they write us amazing. I can never write so well. 
that's where I then feel so not a good person and disadvantage because if my English. I feel really terribly that I can't even have a conversation on here where I feel ok. I feel so unintelligent. 
I better fir my walk. Need to clear my mind. ❤️❤️❤️

Hi @BlueBay  Its nice to hear from you. Thanks for tagging me into your update. I am glad that the smoke is better down your way today. Good on you for getting out for a walk, it can be hard normally, let alone with the physical diffuculties you are having.  I hope your hip feels better, sometimes things can feel worse after physio, hang in there.

A blood test might be a good idea if you haven't had one for a while.  

It's really good that your exercise guy is being supportive and that you are able to talk to him.  Try and keep doing that if you can. 

I'm struggling to be supportive on here to, sometimes we have to do what we can for ourselves and deal with whats on our own plates.  I do what I can for others, but, not as much as I was.  I'm not in a great place myself, I'm not 100% sure I know what it is, but, I have a few ideas.  I have been struggling with work, exercise and life in general.

I find your posts supporting others quite remarkable, if I had to deal with everything that you are and have, I couldn't do it.  Don't get caught up with that, sometimes a little goes a long way in helping, even if you don't see it.

Take care BB, have a good day. Heart

Hi @BlueBay 

It's probably the smoke that is making your feel so tired - I have been - and I feel a lot better since we had that storm late yesterday - 

And you have had a lot happening as well - and it's no wonder you are feeling exhausted - sleeping is okay but then waking up not feeling refreshed isn't good either

You were planning to have a massage today - I hope you can get around to it - and wallking is really good too - and it's a good idea to grab a fine and clear day when we can - it makes a difference to breathing and the smoke is likely to be a problem though I hope that it isn't the case

Your English is fine - when you are upset you make typos - I think we all do that - but there is no need to look around for faults - we can only care about others if we care for ourselves first - as @Gazza75 says - and we understand that - we all have plenty on our plates lately - I know I have - last weekend I had a bad dose of the I-can't-be-bothereds - not pleasant - I understand

Give yourself time - you have been through so much lately and right now you have to wait to get into hospital which seems wrong to me - I hope they can get you in soon - you have needed this for months so the best thing is to care for yourself -

Only you can do that - really - I want the best for you and the best thing is to put yourself first and hold on until you get into hospital for the break you so badly need

Your English is fine

Sending my best Thursday thoughts

Dec

It's okay to feel as if you can't be bothered but it does get really boring - sigh - then you get up and get on with life - I promiseIt's okay to feel as if you can't be bothered but it does get really boring - sigh - then you get up and get on with life - I promise

Hi @Gazza75 

I'm sorry you are battling with whatever-it-is - right now - like too much on your plate - I understand that

I have been through that lately - the smoke here has been horrific - I was surprised how badly it affected me when against my better judgment I walked up to the pharmacy for help on Tuesday - it was impossible to get enough oxygen in with a normal breath and a deep breath caused coughing so I think you have smoke where you are too so that does have a severe affect upon our physical and emotional well being

It was worth going though - the cough medicine really helped clear my chest

But then - I have the feeling it's something else with you too - you have what seems to me to be a back-ground thing - things about your brother I think - and these things can hang about even when we are not thinking about them consciously - I might be wrong

And you are right that a little can go a long way even if we are unaware of it - I guess we never know how much we can help someone with a kind comment or even just a smile - it can lighten the heart

All the best Gazza - I hope things are okay out at your farm atm - and that you can get through each day with okay - 

You are in good company though - we mostly have over-loaded plates

I feel as if I am in good company

Dec

Thanks a lot @Owlunar 🙂 Heart

I am glad your trip to the pharmacy worked out in the long run.  You are right about things hanging around in the background even when we aren't thinking about them.  I've made some progress the last few weeks with some of this.  

Its hard to accept what has happened to my brother, he has improved so much, but, its still diffucult to watch and be around him.  A strong wind can knock him off his feet.  Without something to leverage off, he can't get up.  

A lot of people and things on here do lighten the heart.  Theres a lot of struggle, but, also a lot of courage and triumph as well.  

Things out at the farm are okay, I need to call my neighbour and check in with him to make sure.  Its out of danger so far with all the fires. Safer than most places along the coast.  I didn't get to spend as much time there over the new year period due to the smoke. I'd like to get out back out over the Australia day weekend, but, will wait and see how things go.  

Agree with you about the over loaded plates, i'm just hoping for some nice dessert 🙂

Take care Dec, thanks for dropping me a line.

Cape Northumberland 2.jpg

Cape Northumberland 1.jpg

Cape Northumberland,

Southern most point in SA, I've added it to my places to visit map I am making up.

@Gazza75 @Owlunar @Shaz51 @MDT @Former-Member @Maggie @Molliex and others following 

Good news everyone - hospital Monday. Last night in my very tired state I emailed my psych directly. Asking him fir an earlier admission as I'm not good at home. He never replied but I got a call from his rooms this mirning to say he is away until 28th but has asked his colleague to admit me in and see me in his absence. Great. The hospital just called to confirm Monday morning. 
I gave to get through these next few days snd then I know I'll be ok. 
my dr won't be hsppy. He thinks I'm wirse when I come out. But this time I'm exhausted and need support. I don't care what he thinks. He's not me. I know how I feel. 

still very tired. I'm having the massage done this arvo which will prob tire me out even further. Early night tonight. 
better go and have a nap. Chst later friends. Xxxooo

Former-Member
Not applicable

That is good news @BlueBay about hospital admission Monday. At least then I know you are safe, and getting the support you need.

Sherry

That's wonderful news @BlueBay . Good for you for advocating for yourself. It must be a reassurance knowing it's only a few days away. Hang in there my friend 

Hi @BlueBay 

I am so glad you will be going to hospital next week - that is good news and great that you emailed your psyche to get there earlier - excellent

Don't worry about what your doctor thinks - he is supportive but you report that he is worried about you but there is nothing he can do but support you through phone calls most days and encourage you to walk.

You are a battler - you keep going when I would have long ago given up and gone to hospital as I did in the past - I needed the break away from things at home and although there were nay-sayers - my mother was one of them - they didn't or couldn't help - so take your own feelings and your psyche's referrals and get the most out of your time away - and really think in a positive frame if you can - that will take courage and I know it's not easy - I also know it's worth it and live each day with that frame of thought as I can

So this is something that relieves me a great deal too - it's not any fun - this I know

Sending hugs

Dec

Good news @BlueBay  💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance