Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not good enough

Took me ages to get over my ex we have 3 kids together so it was even harder seeing him move on and me stuck. I tried everything to get him back and used to walk my pain way or not sleep or drink and not eat. One day a friend said to me " are you going to be sitting here ten years later or do something "? and I say to you the same, I got up and done something and moved on i still thought of him. But its like someone once said " your taking the poison and expecting him to die"  Mourn your loss as long as you like and one day the light comes on and says hey, it's time for you to shine now, the sun is out let's live life. Oh and not good enough? where is that written and where is the proof, you are good enough the fact your on this earth proves it. much love and hugs

That sounds like you have a good friend @SnowWhite, sometimes we need that reminder to snap us out of our doldrums. Our time is valuable, and we use it best by enjoying ourselves. It's easy to forget we had a life before our (ex)partners, and it can be a real journey to find ourselves again while dealing with them moving on. How are you going @gymgirl? Have you got much planned this weekend?  

Thank you @SnowWhite. Your reply has spoke volums to me. I must admit I am slowly getting better but still have moments that hurt. I feel as though I need answers to some questions that I have, which I know I am never going to get, and that seems to be my hurdle with moving forward at the moment. I am not sure how long ago your seperation was, but, I am sorry to hear about the struggle you went through. xoxo

Hi @Ali11 . @SnowWhite response was amazing! This whole experience has been just what I need. Everyone has been so amazing. I am still struggling at times, and, as I said to @SnowWhite I think I need answers to questions I know I am never going to get, which is my struggle with moving forward at the moment. Before I met this guy I was in the best time of my life. I was happy and confident. I hope that one day in the near future I will be there again. I dont have alot planned for this weekend which gives me way to much time to think. But will try and keep busy. 

You'll get there again @gymgirl, we hope you find something fun to do this weekend - are you a Stranger Things fan? We've heard good things about the new season! 

I to looked for answers there has to be one I thought and I tortured myself looking for something that wasn't there and sometimes it has no answer. When you can accept  that it just happened things move on from there mind you now and then i think back and wonder why we have been over now a long long time and i don't look back with hate but as a learning experience it taught me some tough lessons but you know what I have strength I never knew I had and I am proud of me cause i made it and you can as well. much love xxx

I must be living under a rock because I havn't heard of Stranger Things... sorry. What is it about?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance