Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

WIP
Senior Contributor

AFL

Hi,

I'm new to this and posting in forums. Today, I've contributed to some pretty heavy topics & thought I'd ask about something light - AFL.

any supporters out there?

10 REPLIES 10
Zoe7
Community Guide

Re: AFL

There are a few @WIP We have a thread called All Things Sport... where we talk about all kinds of sport. You will find some like minded people there including me.

WIP
Senior Contributor

Great! Thanks, I’ll check it out 😊
WIP
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom @greenpea  Who do you guys follow? 
It's such an unusual season this year, but I really do appreciate the AFL being on for me to watch & enjoy and forget about my troubles, even if it's just for a short period of time.

Go Baggers!

Actually @WIP I dont currenty follow any team.  I did a little when it was still VFL.  A long time ago.  Played a few games ... with me own 2 feet.

KNow what you mean about having light hearted things to do, when there is all the heavy stuff around.

Take Care

Apple

Eve7
Community Guide

Sorry @WIP , it’s not my thing but we have just had an influx of players here so I might pick a team and get into it.

I need distraction tonight.

💙🧡💙

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@WIP  Hi WIP it would have to be the Swans :p. I love watching rugby union too.:)

WIP
Senior Contributor

Hi @Eve7 !!

There's two decent teams playing tonight, so it's got the potential to be a decent game - but if you aren't into the footy too much, it may not be a very good distraction?

How come the need for a distraction...been a challenging day? 

Judi9877
Community Guide

Hi @WIP  Great thread post. I'm a Brisbane Lions girl, ex Fitzroy Lions. I tend to follow the sport a fair bit but I have other sporting loves as well such as NRL and tennis. That's why you'll tend to find me more on the All Things Sport... discussion posts. 

WIP
Senior Contributor

Hey @Judi9877 

Thanks for responding. I'm a Melb girl, so AFL is about as far as my sporting interest goes, but I'm saying that, I'm pretty passionate.

good on you for following Brisbane after the fold of   Mighty Fitzroy! IMO too many supporters didn't keep going

- not until the early 2000s GF wins that is.

Unfortunatley, I don't understand NRL, but you've reminded me of the joy of watching the Australian Open.

ive checked out the All Things Sport forum & there's lots a sports finatics who regularly post.

i hope you have a gr8 day

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance