Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

My post is back!!!! @Zoe7 

Apparently it was deleted by human error.  All good.  I was worried I had done something wrong but I could not think what it was.  Don't want to upset anyone by putting a post on that offends someone in some way or rather.  That is not me.

Yes online shopping is taking over.  I use it occasionally but never for clothes, just books and cd's and dvds as I don't have to try them on lol.  But I rarely shop anyway other than for presents as I never have spare money for that.  But shopping at home and getting things delivered to your door step is extremely conveniant and I can understand why more people are doing that rather than venturing out.  

Doesn't help my work prospects though lol.

Ok then @Zoe7 

Not sure if I will be or not.  The weather has closed in and if there are storms I will be offline.  

If I won't be here we will chat soon.  Take care my friend.  Love to you and all your fur babies.  Heart

I hope you are okay and the storm does not hit @Scarecrowe We are also expecting rain but it hasn't eventuated yet. Fur babies and I send love back to you Hon Heart

@Former-Member I am barracking for your Sixers tonight - they need to beat the Heat so we still have a (slim) chance of making the finals ...so GO SIXERS!

@Scarecrowe Are you watching tonight also?

@Former-Member Your Sixers have started so well - could be an early finish tonight Smiley Very Happy

@Scarecrowe Fly story coming up ...so brand spanking new fly screen installed a couple of weeks ago now but somehow these pesky flies seemed to have worked it out. The bottom opens with any wind and it seems the flies have worked that out (smart little buggers) and continue to annoy me. I do have a brand new (and full) can of fly spray ...sitting next to me like an ornament on my side table lol ...so they will be no match for that (I hope). I think they are turbo boosted and fly-spray resistant flies though - a super species maybe. I will win though - this fight is not one I will give up ..super Zoe has been released and the flies are going down!!!!

Hey @cherryblossom13 This is our sports thread where we discuss all things sport (of course lol).

What sports do you play and what sports/teams do you follow. I am a mad AFL fan - Lions are my team, but also follow NRL - Parramatta, Soccer - Liverpool and NFL - Dolphins. We are currently into cricket (because it is cricket season) - and closely following the Big Bash - Hurricanes are my team but we have not had a good season - still a little hope if the SIxers (which is @Former-Member's team) beat the Heat tonight.

Thanks for tagging me, @Zoe7!
I've played netball for a long time, and I also love to run 🙂 

I'm a Geelong supporter for the AFL, although I can't say I follow the season too closely. My dad is a football fiend so I mostly just follow for his sake Smiley LOL

They are two things I avoid @cherryblossom13 I played netball for a couple of years but never really liked it - it was more the social aspect that I enjoyed. Running has always been something I have hated but my sister was a great runner - she represented our state several times in the shorter distances. I was more of a long distance runner but never pursued it like my sister because I didn'tlike doing it.

You are our first Geelong supporter we have found here. Even though you only really follow because of your Dad I am sure we will 'suck you in' this year when the season starts. Smiley LOL Footy is my favourite sport and I am really passionate about my team ...but also watch most games on when the season starts. I have a soft spot for Richmond too so follow them with interest as well.

Do you play anything else other than netball and running? I used to play softball, basketball and badminton ...and social tennis and volleyball for a while. I really loved the social tennis - played it twice a week - and although we got pretty competitive at times it was more the game than the result that I liked. I could play for hours and enjoyed every minute of it. The people made it fun - they were a great group of people.

@Zoe7 

Love that fly story.  I cannot believe they are still coming in to annoy you.  They are very clever and extremely cheeky, as well as brave taking you on with your can of fly spray.  Still have images of Louie The Fly singing whilst flying around in your house.  I know you will win no matter what.  I can read the determination in your post lol.

Really hoping the Cane Train comes in tonight.  My channel 7 is playing up after the bad weather the other night.  As soon as bad weather comes over either one or all of my channels have a cow and it takes ages before I can get them back to working normal again at the same time.  Bring back analog TV, no problems then, digital TV, massive hassle!!!!

Hey @Former-Member  nice win by your Sixers!!!!!!

I have 2 flies in again tonight @Scarecrowe - still not convinced they are not the same 2 flies coming back to life again and again lol ...demon flies Smiley Surprised

We started well tonight but have slowed no. McDermott needs to play one of his best games for this year and score some quick runs. If he can do that then we are in with a chance tonight.Having Faulkner back bowling is a real bonus for us too.

Glad the Sixers won - for @Former-Member and to give us a slim chance of making the finals too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance