Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Anyone feel like chatting?

@outlander @BryanaCamp 

It is hard, especially when the rejection emails came without feedback and I love feedback. I wasn't even asked for an interview. That really knocked me.

I don't mind being rejected, it's healthy and matures a person. What I dislike is how long it is taking me to get over the rejection. I feel the sooner I'm over it the sooner I can wow people. 

Hugs to you too @Shaz51 

hi @outlander I think I dealt with my surgery nerves by distraction & not telling anyone about it irl - I felt if I told people they'd ask questions or say what could go wrong & make me focus on it more. I only told my mother (who is unfortunately abusive) as she was helping to pay for it and she was dropping me off & picking me up - I don't think the hospital allowed me to get a taxi. I had great faith in my surgeon & was confident she'd do a great job when the time came so I just put it out of my mind up until the last minute. I only had the cat to organise & live pretty close to the hospital.

That's so awesome you've organise yourself a private nurse & hotel room to recover in, what a terrific plan to protect & support yourself for the quickest & best recovery. You sound like an incredibly mature and responsible you person & I'm so proud of you you've organised your recovery this way. I'm sure the hopsital has excellent staff & it will all go very well Cat Happy

hi @LadyleahRDBloom  yeah it's hard to bounce back from a rejection email. I dread checking my email 'cos now I epxect there to be rejection emails & not even an interview waiting for me in my inbox. It is rough. But give yourself a little time to recover, you'll be able to get back into the job applications when you're ready, you sound like a very strong & capable person. Hamsolo has been working away very hard at job applications, way more than I have, his thread is called ' new start kind' of if you want to drop in there.

I may do just that 🙂

I've been through some pretty rough patches. There are things that have happened I wouldn't wish on my enemies. But my experiances have made me wiser and tougher. So I don't really regret them. Does that make sense? Nope? 

Drat!

I really enjoy learning and I take professional reviews to heart. All I get from these emails are. We've had too many applicants. Your skills are impressive, please apply again. I don't know what to make of that and a big part of me is trying really hard to assume the worst. 

Sigh.

It's tricky as isn't it?

When I have five mins I'll look at the thread. 

thats how ive been coping too @BryanaCamp i dont mind telling people sometimes but i dont go around and make it a topic sort of thing, jsut if it comes about. thank you, yes im organised (sometimes to organised!) but id rather have veru minimal risk of something bad happening or if it does happen ive got the appropriate people around me to help through it.

@LadyleahRDBloom
if your ater feedback, is there a chance that you could email the employer back and ask for feedback on what you could improve on to work in that patituclar industry?

how has everyones day been?

hey @outlander I had fun catching up with some friends.

How was your day, what were the kids like?

G'day everyone

morning @Bill16 @outlander @LadyleahRDBloom @Adge @Shaz51 how are you?

hope everone had a nice weekend. I was brave enough to go to a meetup friday night with new people, it's the first time I've felt brave enough this year. it was good, the people were all really lovely & I hope to see them again. Then I did a 10km hike yesterday in the bush. Today I'm a bit anxious as I've got the telco technician coming to install the nbn and I am scared of having strangers in my home. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly and there aren't any glitches with the install.

how's the job hunting going @LadyleahRDBloom ? Are you feeling any better about getting back into writing applications?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance