Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: BabyDragon's Den

Sorry to hear about the baby bird, @Former-Member...very sad

Hi @Zoe7 and @Former-Member

Yesterday made an appointment with psychologist for next week, having just got my 4 extra medicare visits.   And here I was for quite a while thinking I don't need to see her anymore.  Can't explain the sorts of thoughts I've been having lately, or the panic that just comes from nowhere, but I know I need some extra support about redundancy, home life, and my relationship with my 20 years younger male friend (faux brother and best friend).  Actually, my friend is the best thing in my life at the moment, we support each other, I need to talk about the other stuff more than anything...I realise I can't control events or outcomes but my brain is in overdrive and I need some clarity or another opinion...maybe I just need to get a part time job and stop whinging...just some things are hard to adjust to.  However, I am doing 3 hours volunteer work a week, sorting and storing off-season clothing in a shipping container at a local op shop with just the radio and my loud singing....and I just love it because there's no forced conversations with new people in close confines, which just freaks me out...enough for now, I need to be busy.

Sounds like you are getting a lot out of your volunteer work - could you do a few more hours there @NatalieS?

It is also great that you have identified that you need extra support at the moment and have been active in getting that - hopefully your 4 extra visits will help you to find some clarity and direction in your life. Even if you don't find any answers straight away just having that support to talk things through should help.

Staying busy is often what helps our minds to keep the negative thoughts at bay - hope you can find plenty of positives to keep you occupied Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Afternoon, @Shaz51@Appleblossom@Zoe7@Bella@greenpea@eth@OhanaSystem@Snowie@Hamsolo01@Wanderer@Faith-and-Hope, @NatalieS and anyone else I missed and to all who visit my den

How is everyone?

I have focused on self care today found a new hobby in the process.

Diamond paintings has been my activity today, 

These are a few of my finished piecesIMG_20180817_163107_01.jpg

IMG_20180817_163259.jpg

IMG_20180817_163420.jpg

They are totally wonderful @Former-Member xxx

They are gorgeous @Former-Member and look like they would be great fun to do too Smiley Happy

I am having a quiet evening - will most likely watch the football later - have been resting most of today - still not feeling great so have slept a little and watched some things I recorded also.

What are you up to tonight?

Your diamond paintings are gorgeous @Former-Member 💜

Hi @Zoe7

Thanks.  Yes, I could do more hours volunteering but right now I need to work on me for a bit.  I was chatting to one of the other volunteers on Friday-we were sorting things in a large shop/storage space- and we are very similar in that we like our personal space as we sort - we both have a similar sense of humour so shared some laughs, so I think its just going to take time to gain clarity.  I'm very unsettled but need to work through that before I start job searching.  My husband's health is deteriorating so everything's all over the place at the moment.  I've been colouring in tonight but that seems to make me anxious.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning, @Shaz51@Appleblossom@Zoe7@Bella@greenpea@eth@OhanaSystem@Snowie@Hamsolo01@Wanderer@Faith-and-Hope, @NatalieS and anyone else I missed and to all who visit my den

Not sure if anyone is actually on at this time of the morning but I is freaking out so much right now

Ohhh @Former-Member what has happened my friend xx

Sending you lots of hugs HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance