Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Christmas Loungeroom

I guess I meant in context of your ‘good day posts’ @Wanderer . My pain stuff is through worn out body too much sporadic then constant sometimes heavy physical work. Physio and massage helps but don’t do that often. I was addicted to painkillers for 10years, not sure if I’m better or worse off without them lol. Well still take the component that can get at supermarket most of day most days. Then again I guess its just discomfort mostly now. Anyhoo. Going to get on floor now and do my back stretches/exercises 😬😸

Hi @eth

Great to read your newsy post - and great to see you again - this forum is pretty large and hard to get around to everyone so it is a kind of reunion when people do get together at this time of year

I see you have the anniversary of your Father's passing too - this has to make the whole season a mixed event - my parents both died in January - 4 years and a few days apart so that's coming up for me - yes - we can share these things - for my Dad - 8 years - my mother - 4 years - and the family seems to have broken up a bit since then as I guess it does

I wish you the best for Christmas - I understand "pagan" as being a person of the earth - I left the church some years ago for my own reasons but I have maintained my faith but I rather like the idea of being a person of the earth too - descended from the Great Earth Mother and Earth's Children as we all are

Thanks for your post Eth - 

Dec

Thank you @Appleblossom!

Twerp. 

@lhl

Hi to you too @Owlunar xx

I really enjoyed reading your post on pagan symbolism @eth. Our Summer Solstice (Northern Hemisphere - Winter) is close to Xmas which makes me wonder if it's significance had an influence over celebrating the Christian tradition.

I think saying a prayer for Mother Earth this year is worthy of mention due to the devistating environmental impact of human interaction 'She' is experiencing. Our Father might feed our soul, but our Mother gives us life.

Love and light;

Hope Heart

@Hope4me  I've read many times that it did influence the setting of Christ's birthday celebration.  Interesting stuff but I won't rave about it - it's the sort of stuff people have to find for themselves I think.  And I mean no disrespect to the people here who are Christian - each to their own.

I really agree with your 2nd paragraph and would add that it's an important time of year for an attitude of gratitude in many ways including to the Earth (Gaia) for all she provides.  And her capacity to regenerate, given enough time.

Yes, I agree @eth, a rave would suit me too, but given the thread's objectives, it might be something for down the track.

Much emphasis is placed on giving and receiving at Xmas, but it's 'sentiment' that drives us to connect at this time of year I feel.

For many on this forum, the Season represents unpleasant memories, isolation and conflict with family. I suppose this would include those unaffected by mental illness too come to think of it.

Aside from religious dogma, the sentiments of peace, love and gratitude abound. It's what keeps us going to our families for Xmas lunch, striving to heal past wounds and connect with our hearts. Not an easy feat by any means, but we try none the less; each year hoping for change.

Wishing us all the true spirit of this Season; calm, full of smiles from children and cultivating contentment.

Hope Hearta xmas sentiment.gif

Yes, judeo-christianity usurped a Pagan Festival which was then usurped by Capitalism. @eth anyhoo its a sign of an end of another year whatever that means to us individually. Probably memories ok or Ghosts of Christmas past for me lol @Hope4me re reply Im feeling not good today and will make sure I don’t feel like this next Tuesday or whenever it is else may stay with me for years. .. I can control my mood. I believe that. Just not today. Feeling Heavy

Hi @Shaz51 

ive had three Christmas celebrations so far and woke up with a shocking sore throat and glands right up this morning - exhausted on many levels ... took today to run around to doctor and then pick my computer up from work so I can work from home tomorrow - I have a massive deadline this week for work and my body doesn’t want to cooperate 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance